lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
ultra 98
Not Yet Wild

Default New member with a 95 GXT

Does anybody have any experience lifting a GXT? It appears that the drop axle will work fine on the front end but the rear has shocks and coil springs with a swingarm and I can't find any information on this.

It appears that it would not be a big deal to modify but wondering if it will create drive line geometry issues.
ultra 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: New member with a 95 GXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 98 View Post
Does anybody have any experience lifting a GXT? It appears that the drop axle will work fine on the front end but the rear has shocks and coil springs with a swingarm and I can't find any information on this.

It appears that it would not be a big deal to modify but wondering if it will create drive line geometry issues.
The last one I did I cut the top spring mount off the frame and welded a block between the frame and the mount. Some use different size pipe to extend the lower or upper spring mount, I would have done this but didn't have the right size pipe. Also with moving the top spring mount, your able to move the springs inward some which helps with big tire clearence.
You can add 4" maybe 5" before it creates a problem which forces you to lower the front of the swingarm/engine cradle.
I'll see if I can get some pics for you today, but don't hold your breath.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
ultra 98
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I was loking at putting some sort of spacer on the bottom of the springs but it would create problems with the bump stop.

Spacing the top would be easy enough and 4" is all I wanted to raise the front. I just wasn't sure if this would cause other problems.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 98 View Post
Thanks I was loking at putting some sort of spacer on the bottom of the springs but it would create problems with the bump stop.

Spacing the top would be easy enough and 4" is all I wanted to raise the front. I just wasn't sure if this would cause other problems.
The only problem is your oil lever mark wouldn't be right on the dipstick cause of the new angle of the engine. You need to mark a new full place on the dip stick, if you use the full line thats on it after it's lifted you'll be putting in to much oil which can cause it to start smoking.
I took my camera with me but today but didn't get a chance to get any pics, I'll try tomorrow. I did end up using a set of rear shocks off a motorcycle for shocks on the rear, found some that bolted right on in place of the originals
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #5
ultra 98
Not Yet Wild

I was looking at using the stock shocks off my bike. I would have to extend the shock mounts but they are air assisted shocks. They don't lift but can adjust the stiffness of the ride.

Thanks Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO