lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
rhaney
Not Yet Wild

Default Chinese golf cart

Hello Everyone, Have a Chinese golf cart I bought privately. It is a limo type with the back seat facing forward. Love the cart, but am having a problem. Can't find the name anywhere, but think it may be a Star. Cart powers up and goes, but when I step on the accelerator it does not accelerate and slows to a crawl. I live in Panama, so diagnosticians are few if any. Some say a solenoid, some say a speed control. Cannot find a parts list or schematic anywhere---can someone help????? ----it's a 48 volt
rhaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Chinese golf cart

Not knowing anything about your drive system, I would suggest starting with the batteries. First check and make sure water covers just over the plates. Then one by one, remove and clean all the cable terminals and the battery posts to clean metal. Now charge the batteries until your charger shuts off automatically. Now you can begin testing!
Connect a voltmeter from the endmost + on the battery array, and the endmost - in the array. You should be reading somewhere around 50V. Now with the same connections, drive the cart. Post back with the open circuit voltage and the voltage under load. I'm trying to see if you are having battery issues before we go further!
Here's a chart for state of charge and specific gravity.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
rhaney
Not Yet Wild

Thank you---will check---
Old 05-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
rhaney
Not Yet Wild

Hello, Batteries check out. Called dealer in N.C. and gave them the I.D. number, they don't think it's a Star!!!! Was running fine, took it to a Panamanian plce to fix the front bar light, problem started when they drove it back---before that it was fine.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
mlj427
Gone Wild

Sounds like a speed sensor on the motor from what others have described. Post some pictures maybe some one will know what type of cart it is.
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
rhaney
Not Yet Wild

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I think I have it narrowed down to a TEV-G040F made by Suzhou Tiger Electric. Took speed sensor out and checked as best asI could, jacked it up and initiated sensor. Rear wheel tuning, but slowly. Recharge batteries and wheel spun very fast for a couple of minutes and slowed down. A friend checked the batteries which seemed o.k., but now show batteries not putting out as much voltage as they should. Now thinking it could be batteries after all. Solenoids click as they should,no loose wires, so will have batteries retested.

Tags
electric cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay