lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Spacers for wheels?

Got new wheels and tires but they rub on the inside front so I need to add some spacers. Any good resources for a set of four?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2017, 04:58 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Spacers for wheels?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-Thick-4x...9YSvD8&vxp=mtr

depending on tire size you may still have to remove or modify front bumper and massage the frame rail behind the front wheel
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-Thick-4x...9YSvD8&vxp=mtr

depending on tire size you may still have to remove or modify front bumper and massage the frame rail behind the front wheel
Those are a bit pricey. Ebay has a couple of sellers that have them for EZGo / Club car for 1/2 that price. They'll work on the Yamaha as well. Wheel stud bolt pattern is pretty much standard across all cart brands.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
... Wheel stud bolt pattern is pretty much standard across all cart brands.
You could be wrong on that. there are two patterns as I remember. 4 by 4 and 100 by 100. Inches vs metric. Guessing the Yammy is 100 by 100.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well I have a lift so I'm not rubbing on the frame anywhere. The tires are the same size it's just that the wheels are deeper so it's rubbing on the steering linkage and in the rear on the plastic wheel housing. I measured and it's only about an inch so I bought some inch spacers off Amazon for $70 shipped. We will see how that goes.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
You could be wrong on that. there are two patterns as I remember. 4 by 4 and 100 by 100. Inches vs metric. Guessing the Yammy is 100 by 100.
Hmmmm. Not sure. I just put new rims / tires on my G1 and, when ordering, I made no distinction regarding make, model, metric, etc. I just ordered the wheels and they fit right on. I just double checked the vendor site that I ordered them from and the fit says "All golf cart brands / models" for the wheel / tire combos. I have 7 carts of pretty much all makes and I have always interchanged wheels with no issue. That being said, only the G1 is foreign made.

Perhaps there is something special with the spacers but I don't see how they would be any different.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The only difference is the threads for your lug nuts. (metric or standard)..i just bought a set of 2 @ 2" for my Yamaha G9 from Ebay from Summit Performance for $39.95 free shipping..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

100mm IS 4", so the two patterns are the same, the lugs are what's different. There's a seller on Ebay, ATV Engineering, that sells a complete set shipped for around $50, they are available in 1.5" or 2" per side and we have used them on many carts (including my own personal stash, LOL) and they hold up GREAT even under severe offroad use.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Those are a bit pricey. Ebay has a couple of sellers that have them for EZGo / Club car for 1/2 that price. They'll work on the Yamaha as well. Wheel stud bolt pattern is pretty much standard across all cart brands.
wait what? 39 for a pair of spacers is pricey? checked locally and it was well over $200 for a pair. Please by all means share a link for the cheaper ones!!
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #10
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm guessing the guys posting the cheaper spacers are the stud type, the ones i posted were the aluminum billet type and @ 39.95 free shipping for two 2" spacers is the best i seen, thats a complete set for under 80 bucks and they are American made..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha