lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #1
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Default tire chains

good morning,,,,

i did some searching on carts with tire chains, not to much out there on this subject. I've got a bone stock g2 and a bone stock g14. I'm in a hilly area and the roads get the hard packed snow / ice and i need either chains or some tire studs.
all i have gathered is i may need spacers to clear the inner fender wells.

anyone have any experience in this department?

thanks
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: tire chains

I made chains for my g9 by cutting down some from a small car then install cable connectors to hook the new ends back together. (will get a new photo next time I'm there).

If you don't see much deep snow you should be ok with cable chains instead of actual chains, they are ok if you get some dry road in between the snow & ice, the full chains rattle your teeth unless in deeper soft or packed snow.

I have short spacers (just enough to keep the standard wheel studs) about 1/4" or less. Also the rear is lifted about an inch.

See if you can fit your fingers in between the tyre & wheel wells, if so you might be good.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
rib33024

Here's some

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...c716aade6fa416
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Before I installed quality "mudder" tires on the front and rear, I used chains for a few years. Chains are a royal PITA, but they do work. They will get you up or down icy roads\paths. They can also come off and wrap around your brake cable and axle and when it's freezing out.....that's a Major Royal PITA.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

I have a spare set of std rims /tyres so I don't have to fit the chains just swap the rears over when needed.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

We live with chains on equipment up here for 5 months of the year sometimes. Chains that are fitted properly can not come off the tire unless they break which is extremely rare and usually because they are REALLY worn. You can buy or make chains that have chains that run in the direction of rotation connected to the usual cross chains, They are usually a V-bar chain and run quite smooth on hard surfaces.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #7
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

thanks for all the input fellas, much appreciated!i have a spare set of wheels and tires that i will swap out when needed.
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha