lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
a/cman
Not Yet Wild

Talking the 27 hp kaw. is setting in the c.c.

has any one else put a kaw. 27 in a club car (or any other one) is there any pointers some one can give me ? it looks like it will be a close fit . I will get it in there but I would like to keep the problems down if I can . I need to know if a 6 inch lift will be enough and what about cluch and belt ?? all info will help thanks mike . I will post more pics I know yall like pics!!
a/cman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Re: the 27 hp kaw. is setting in the c.c.

Is yours the water cooled 27hp? That is one big engine to stuff under the seat. You will probably have to pull the radiator off and mount it somewhere else to fit the engine between the frame rails. I had to lift my workhorse 7" and drop the front motor mount to clear the intake.

I went with the Comet 1190. Its high priced but you will like this clutch.

Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
a/cman
Not Yet Wild

yea it is a water cooled !! is there any wear to get a good used clutch cheap ? what about moving the rad. is there any danger of getting it air locked !! man I am stuck I don't know if I would be better off selling it and getting a bs I know every one says to putt it in butt??????
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/cman View Post
yea it is a water cooled !! is there any wear to get a good used clutch cheap ? what about moving the rad. is there any danger of getting it air locked !! man I am stuck I don't know if I would be better off selling it and getting a bs I know every one says to putt it in butt??????
the john deere gator and Kawasaki mule all run the radiator up front.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
a/cman
Not Yet Wild

have not thought of that !!!! would the clutch off of a gator or a mule work? I know you would know pizzaman thanks for all the help p.s. why didn't you tell me there where two diff. coils on that motor still having problems with one !!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

sorry the gator/mule clutches won't work for ya, i can't say i knew about your coil problems?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
a/cman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
sorry the gator/mule clutches won't work for ya, i can't say i knew about your coil problems?
I can't say I said something about it but I ment two ! right now I am haveing problems getting a good spark on one cyl.I have swapped coils and ajusted air gap. and spark plugs I have checked every thing !

could this becaused by no load on the motor
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/cman View Post
I can't say I said something about it but I ment two ! right now I am haveing problems getting a good spark on one cyl.I have swapped coils and ajusted air gap. and spark plugs I have checked every thing !

could this becaused by no load on the motor
no load won't matter, there known for the wires to become loose in the connector plugs! more than likely its the ground for that coil.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
a/cman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
no load won't matter, there known for the wires to become loose in the connector plugs! more than likely its the ground for that coil.

thanks i will check

Tags
any 1 else done a kaw.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!