lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 Driven Clutch

Well, doesnt really matter. Maybe I had a G1 clutch on my G9. The G2/9 is just not going to use the reverse ramp. Same clutch though.
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

A G1 clutch might work, but it is different. It likely has a different ramp angle and the spring does not preload the ramps so you can control back shifting. It actually works like an aftermarket spring. It could be interesting to try a G1 spring in a G9 actually, though the work cart might be better or they might not work well at all.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
1WOODMONT
Not Yet Wild

Put the G1 clutch on the G2 last weekend, tork and topend are OK. Bumps off of the rev.limiter that's OK. was going to bypass it anyway. New belt and larger tire's this weekend.
1WOODMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The G1 secondary clutch, with a stationary spring (meaning preload is in the spring, just like a torque spring upgrade) feesibly should work, you wouldn't need the sliding sheave with the "ramp shoes" though. The G1's used the engine to reverse to create f/r, so the "ramps "cushioned" metal to metal contact on the spring seat and sliding sheave. The 4 cycle engines can't be run "backwards", therefore they encorparated f/r gears internally in the differential. Not trying to sound like a "know it all", just wanted to help in understanding the situation. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

The guy had asked if a G1 clutch would work. It does. Its kind of crazy that so many people said no, basically giving bad advice to this guy. If you dont know the answer then dont respond.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc02002 View Post
The guy had asked if a G1 clutch would work. It does. Its kind of crazy that so many people said no, basically giving bad advice to this guy. If you dont know the answer then dont respond.
I don't see it that way. This is an open forum and all opinions and comments are welcome. 2 said no that's all. Will it work, probably. Is it right, NO. Is there any safety concerns, I don't know. I can tell you 2 of the people who posted in this thread are among the best in the golf cart business.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

I just dont see how a wrong answer is helpful. I read forums about lots of things, and I just cant stand when people respond with wrong answers and they dont even say "I think" or something. I guess i exaggerated when i said so many people. Anyway, I have apparently had a G1 clutch on a G9 so obviously it works. If youve taken them both apart and looked at them they both look pretty much the same other than the additional ramp shoes. Im not saying that they are exactly the same, but they seem pretty close and they both work on a G9.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
I just dont see how a wrong answer is helpful. I read forums about lots of things, and I just cant stand when people respond with wrong answers and they dont even say "I think" or something.

I have apparently had a G1 clutch on a G9 so obviously it works. If youve taken them both apart and looked at them they both look pretty much the same other than the additional ramp shoes. Im not saying that they are exactly the same, but they seem pretty close and they both work on a G9 fine.
Good to know, thanks for your input.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

At the end of your post is the word fine?

Hitting the rev limiter as a habit is not FINE, it creates a load no load situation thats not good.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
I just dont see how a wrong answer is helpful. I read forums about lots of things, and I just cant stand when people respond with wrong answers and they dont even say "I think" or something. I guess i exaggerated when i said so many people. Anyway, I have apparently had a G1 clutch on a G9 so obviously it works. If youve taken them both apart and looked at them they both look pretty much the same other than the additional ramp shoes. Im not saying that they are exactly the same, but they seem pretty close and they both work on a G9.
Tc02002, I'm not as nice as "The new guy", How do you know we posted wrong awnsers? Apparently, you've never had the stock secondary setup and wouldn't know the differance. I think you should take your own advice.." Don't reply, if you don't have the correct advice! Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha