lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 star pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
How about a closer look at that lift kit! I'm not likiing the exposed tie rod and would like to see if there are any other options for you guys. I imagine that a Factory EZGO lift will be a very close match from previous pictures I've seen? Wish someone had one of these close to me so I could come up with a better system...
Mike, Have you ever seen one up close???? I put a E-Z-GO lift on on of the first Star cars and it bolted right up!! Funny how that worked!! I dont know about the new carts but the old ones (2005) had the 3 bolt straight axle on them.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
Mike, Have you ever seen one up close???? I put a E-Z-GO lift on on of the first Star cars and it bolted right up!! Funny how that worked!! I dont know about the new carts but the old ones (2005) had the 3 bolt straight axle on them.
Haven't seen one, but someone emailed me pictures of the front and and that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. The front end looked like an exact copy of a new style steering EZGO The OEM kit would be a great option for someone...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Haven't seen one, but someone emailed me pictures of the front and and that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. The front end looked like an exact copy of a new style steering EZGO The OEM kit would be a great option for someone...
I think if I remember right??? We did just sell a 2010 6 pass in for a local university, and it still had the old axle with what looked to be like EZ's new style steering. But it had a welded bracket off it to mount the steering housing on it. So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go to a new style lift and mount in on the axle. I mean the steering housing looked exaclty EZ's steering.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

When I ordered the cart, the Club Car was not yet listed on the IRS web site as an approved model (actually at the time there were only around 5 approved manufacturers, all Chinese) and the local dealer did not know a tax credit on LSV's even existed and was of no help. I would have much preferred to buy from the Club dealer as he is only 15 minutes from my house and the STAR dealer is 1 hr 45 minutes. I was told Tomberlins did not offer a factory lift kit and are also of Chinese origin (same dealer that sold me the STAR). If I could have bought a US cart that qualified for the rebate locally, trust me, I would have. Unfortuanelly, none were available at the time I placed my order. The reality is that there was a tax credit on LSV's in the economic stimulus plan, inwhich no american manufactured products qualified for at the time of my order being placed (like I said I tried to find one at the time and could not). That discussion is best left for a political forum as we should all have very strong feelings and concerns about how and why that happened! I was in the market for an LSV at the time, and I am not in the financial position that I could afford to just ignore the $5335 tax credit I recieved when buying this product.
reganr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

Mike,

I did not look at the straight axle all that closely on the lowered cart, but it looked to me that there were more differences in the suspension between the lowered and lifted than just a drop axle in place of a straight axle (I do not remember seeing shocks on the stock carts). I may be mistaken, but i'LL try to post pics of both mine and my neighbors Zone for comparison when his arrives (the Zones are supposably the same as the standard STAR). PS. I've seen lifts kits for the new model standard STAR on ebay, and it's basically the old school straight axle block lift.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You will want to stay away from a block lift! Time will tell with these carts. If aftermarket companies see that there is a demand, a quality lift will be available. It wil;l be worth your time to wait. Like I said before, I would bet that since the frame seems to ba an EZGO copy, that those kits will be a close match. Someone on here will eventually see one, install one and report their findings

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That right side cup holder doesn't drain into the key switch and rocker switches does it?
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #18
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

Yeah, thats what I told my neighbor. We still run a couple of home made block lifts on some old ez go hunting carts my brother put together in the 90's. They don't steer, blow out shocks, and are rough as hell but the bodies and frames are still going after years of abuse (wish the engines and controllers held up that well). I'll advise him to wait it out. If the factory lift can be used, I'm sure you guys will be swapping out a bunch for standard carts that won't see offroad much. Besides the rod clearance, they do steer and handle well for a non indepedant suspension.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

All the cup holders have hoses on the bottom of them about 18inches long and they drain away from the electrics.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

cupholders are solid, no holes. I'm hoping the windshield keeps them dry, if not, there are cupholder drains with tubes they sell for boat applications i"ll be installing. Lsv's with windshields hopefully do not need the drain.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay