lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #111
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting project for a first timer, 95 Medalist rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post
I think my fix will be to just widen the stripes on the body, and repaint the center line.
Don't see why that wouldn't work.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #112
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

It is coming together very nice Yes the seats and all make it come together, don't worry about the stripes. If you don't tell anyone they most likely will not notice, besides if the do just tell them they have had too much to drink!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #113
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

ok well lesson learned. I REALLY want to make my front cowl removable. Spent some effort and time testing a few different components. Finally settled between automotive j clips with the nuts, or nutserts, that work like rivets but leave the threaded insert. Decided to go with the nutserts, clean, seemed to be the more solid choice. Had to bore the cowl holes slightly to gets the serts to fit.

Got them installed and had some sweet cap screws to hold it all together. Well after nearly 2 hours of fighting it...I gave up. The angle that the cowl slides up in there is just too much to try and get the screws started. Everything wanted to crossthread and once that happens, they get too tight to loosen and you spin the serts. So for the time being, I just broke out the factory rivets and put it together. I guess in the big scheme of things, it's not that hard to drill them out and pop it off if you really need to.

Next time it comes off, I'm going to try the J clips and see if the coarser threads don't help the install issue. It's obvious why they use rivets, it's cake. I just really wanted it easily removable, and those cap screws looked stud.

The plan is to still have her ready for Saturday morning. Got my diamond plate sides done last night, and started on the custom dual tube rear bumper last night. Should have it done by Thursday for paint.

Frustrating night.
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #114
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

pics ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #115
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

I KNEW you were going to do that.

I was too P*** off to take pics. :).

That was easily the most frustrating thing ever. Second would be making my own battery cables. That was hard, but at least it got easier as I learned what to do....
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #116
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Calm down......nothing's ever perfect! Just don't point out your mistakes and we (and everyone else) won't know.......

Post some pics later
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #117
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Roger that. Will do.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #118
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks great Mark! Hope mine turns out that good! Keep up the good work. I know what you mean by getting frustrated
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #119
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Everyone, meet Cordelia.

She saw her first full day of action this weekend. She did great. I still have a lot of accessories to finish up, but she was close enough to take out and play a round of golf. I still need to add my mirror, wire up my turn signals, add my rear led taillight and brake switch, front vanity plate. Stuff like that, But I'm going to save most of those for the winter project I'll need for the garage.

I simply cannot say enough thanks to ScottyB, TerryH, Dave at XTInnovations and the folks at Plum Quick. I've needed a lot of help and council along the way, and they were great to me. I simply could not be much happier about how she turned out. Almost exactly how I imagined so long ago.

I'll pass on a few updates as I finish her up and possibly detail a few of the unique things.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #120
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sweet looking cart! That's a very CLEAN look with the blue & white. Nice to see all that stopping power too
I'll bet you turned a few heads on the golf course

Tags
95 ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO