lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default help with windshield center brace?

I am planning to put a brace across the center of my windshield between the front legs of my top, because the center of the windshield tends to shake and sometimes rattle when on rough terrain. I plan to use a piece of 1-1/2'" aluminum angle 1/8" thick, because I may mount a gun rack to it later.

Any advice on how to join the windshield and the angle? I'm afraid the windsheild will crack when it flexes if I try to drill & bolt it. Maybe I can just put some foam rubber or similiar substance between the angle and the plexiglass? Maybe drill larger holes than the bolts and use rubber washers with shoulders?

Any ideas? Anyone done this? Do you have pics? Anyone have a gunrack at this or another better location?
Thanks.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
gamer1
Getting Wild

Default Re: help with windshield center brace?

The windshield would most certainly stress crack even if you were successful in drilling a hole in it....it cracks very easy. Better off just using the brace for support. Could buy a better shield with metal hinge. My 2 cents.
gamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Once you mount your cross brace why not use some either double face tape or like camper top insulation that would mount to the cross brace but would keep the windshield silent, just a thought.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Use some thick foam weatherstripping. Mount the sticky side to the aluminum and it will allow the windshield to hit without noise or damage.

As for mounting a gun rack to it, I think that is a foolish idea. It would potentially block your sight....... Get a nice (removable) floor mount or mount it across the rear struts.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice, guys.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO