lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 82 g1

whats so special about the 82 g1 when you looks up jugs and pistons for it most of them say all except 82 or when looking for carburaters it say 83 and up whats different
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
skarp
Gone Wild

Default Re: 82 g1

In 1982, Yamaha got the bright idea to lower the compression of the engine. Then in 1983, they realized that they need to up the compression back up. I would stay away from the 1982 models as they are low performers!!!

Hope that helps!
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i got 120 according to my guage it runs good it blows oil gas mixture out of the flywheel/fan side crank seal other than that she flys lol thats odd of yamaha still 215 cc?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Slap some seals in it before you fry the engine, and run it. There is not a huge difference in power with the 1982 engine. Displacement is the same, lower end the same, only the upper end is different. You can put a non-1982 upper end on a 1982 lower end, but will have to come up with a reed cage,intake manifold and carburetor because they are different. Some say the cylinder head is different, but it will bolt up to the non-1982 cylinder. I say run with what you have and don't worry about it.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yea seals willl be comming soon. govenor on it hasnt been touched dont know if i should turn it up or not when i lift it and put the touqe kit in it. and i dont think it has the right carb on it because the intake tube to the filter box wouldnt fit i had to get a non 82 tube for it so i kno the carb has been swapped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha