lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
cgoldie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Transaxle identification

Hey guys,
First post here. Or anywhere for that matter. Id like to put high speed gears on my 93 cc gas. 290 engine now but looking to upgrade. My question is how do you tell if the trans I have is a Kawasaki? I've made an attemt to include photos of what I've got. Any description of the differance would help. Mine says Tranquility on the side of the cart rather than IR like others I've seen. The trans has Club Car on the case. Thanks.
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/.../transpic2.jpg
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...e/Transpic.jpg
cgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Transaxle identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoldie View Post
Hey guys,
First post here. Or anywhere for that matter. Id like to put high speed gears on my 93 cc gas. 290 engine now but looking to upgrade. My question is how do you tell if the trans I have is a Kawasaki? I've made an attemt to include photos of what I've got. Any description of the differance would help. Mine says Tranquility on the side of the cart rather than IR like others I've seen. The trans has Club Car on the case. Thanks.
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/.../transpic2.jpg
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...e/Transpic.jpg
Just found this old post while looking up some axle information and in the hope that it may help someone else (if not the original poster) here's my 10cents worth.
My research shows two suppliers of axles to CC, Graziano and Kawasaki. Graziano appears to be only supplying axles for the electric CC and I don't recall ever seeing a Graziano unit on a gas cart so I can't give any specifics as to design differences etc, and I have no idea of why this was so or as to the model year span but I can say that unless the Graziano was an exact copy of the Kawasaki, the axle pictured is a Kawasaki piece. My axle is identical to the one above but has a Kawasaki bar code and id sticker located just to the right of the diff as viewed from behind.
Number and information on mine is ; MC008K6D1916, Kawasaki, Japan.
I'm not sure how to identify the year of this via the number so if anyone could shed a little light on it I would appreciate it.

FC.

Last edited by fastercarter; 01-16-2012 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: bad punctuation
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a Kawasaki
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's a Kawasaki
Well yeah, I figured that out since it says "Kawasaki" right on the sticker. My point was, what do the other alpha numeric nomenclatures appertain to ? Model , year, rotation etc.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car