lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Evilsmurf25
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default No power up hills and LOUD?

Hello All,

I am new to this site and the gold cart world. I used this site nd was very helpful when I was redoing my cart. I have two questions about my 1984 easy go marathon 244cc. The first one is that I have no power going up hills, even smaller inclines sometimes. I can hit about 20mph on level ground though, governor is off. The second question is how loud should these older two stroked be? Mine is really loud and you can hear my coming blocks away! Thinking maybe the baffles could be bad in the muffler or maybe it just is that loud? Any information you guys would be able to give me would be great!
Evilsmurf25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power up hills and LOUD?

As far as the power,its' the common complaint,they run 20-23mph,but die on a hill.Its' a 244cc with 8hp moving almost 1000lbs. with 2 adults.There isn't much you can do,other than a shorter-belt or shimming the Primary-Clutch to gain some low-end power.The noise could be worsened if the gasket is blown where the pipe hooks to the cylinder,or if the muffler is damaged/rotted.There is a small(1/2")outlet-pipe near the bottom on the side,if its' gone,it will be louder.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Evilsmurf25
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power up hills and LOUD?

Thanks for the information! I will inspet the gasket and inlet pipe.
Evilsmurf25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO