lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Oil light question

I have been looking thru a few forums already!!

My issue is I have a 99 club gas lifted6"

I run 10/30 royal purple in it and changed the oil the other day now the oil light is coming on at higher rpm and kinda flickering!! I used a fram tough guard filter instead of a club car filter!! So is it possible that the filter maybe the culprit?? I see in the forums that it says my be pumping up top to quickly and not allowing into read it!! And some say use lighter weight oil!! So what's everyone's input ready to just put a cheap o filter on it see if it cures it!
clubcar810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Re: Oil light question

With the 99 carts, do you have to adjust the angle of the motor after you lift them? I know with the 88's you need to adjust the angle of the front of the motor after you lift the cart. If you don't the motor sits at an angle and the oil all rests at the rear of the motor. If your motor is sitting at an angle, you may actually not have all the oil sitting in the oil pick up galley.

When you check the oil, how does it read on the dip stick?

Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes it is tilted, but drove it last year same way no issue!! Did a change and went to auto filter instead of the club car brand!! Due to availability!! Didnt know If filter make a difference!!dont wanna over full it and screw up rings or anything else!!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
TRP
Gone Wild

Did you partially fill up your oil filter with oil before installing it? Does the dipstick read low? or close to low? If the motor is tilted, and you are on the lower end of the dipstick - High rpms could be pulling all the oil out of the sump .

T
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes reads low!! Si just add some or not?? Appreciate the input trp!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

From reading what you did here, it sounds plausible that the automotive oil filter you put in holds more oil than the stock filter. So you may be able to add some extra oil to make up for it. If I were you I'd add the oil in very small increments until the oil light goes out. If you say that your oil light flickers, then it shouldn't take much. Then just get the right oil filter next time.

But I would also look into lowering your engine cradle in front, your engine will likely oil better if you do.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
TRP
Gone Wild

+1 to what springbrook said. Just add a little bit at a time. I just lowered my engine in the front this weekend and now my dipstick reads about a quarter of an inch HIGHER than the High mark on the dip stick. Needless to say - I need to drain some oil out of my motor.

:)

Ted
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

K so no biggie then?? I was just gonna change filter back! How did you lower it on re snubber looking for ideas!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Check this thread out, here's one way a guy lowered his engine in front. I think your front mount looks like his. See post #20:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...all-1-a-2.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

Was helpful!! Thank!! Think this will cure the problem!! As I put it into service mode and ran after getting hot and light isnt coming on!! But jumped on and too for a spin as soon as it hit high rpms it came right on everytime!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car