lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
buddy4024
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g16 speed problems.

OK i have a 2001 yamaha g16 and i have tightened the governor all the way down because my cart only went a whopping 8mph now i push 20mph on flat ground my cart slows down to around 5-10mph when going uphill with more than one person in it and has a lack of power otherwise. It would be beyond helpful to give some tips and or ideas to fix my cart. Thanks.
-Buddy
buddy4024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g16 speed problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy4024 View Post
OK i have a 2001 yamaha g16 and i have tightened the governor all the way down because my cart only went a whopping 8mph now i push 20mph on flat ground my cart slows down to around 5-10mph when going uphill with more than one person in it and has a lack of power otherwise. It would be beyond helpful to give some tips and or ideas to fix my cart. Thanks.
-Buddy
When the cart slows down to 5-10 MPH on hills does the engine's RPM decrease as well, or is it still screaming? The answer to that will determine where your problem is likely at. If the engine is dropping off, then you have a problem making power (low compression, carb mixture, plugged exhaust etc.). If the engine is still running strong, it's likely you have a clutch problem.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
buddy4024
Not Yet Wild

It kinda seems to keep strong sound wise unless i have 4 people on it then it sounds weaker
buddy4024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
devast8ing
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Carts slowing down going up a hill is normal, especially when you have 4 people on it. The more weight and the bigger the tires, the slower it will go. Check your compression, make sure your clutches are working properly, motor mounts are tight, drive belt in good shape, and maybe check to see if your carb is opening most of the way when you depress the gas pedal all the way down. If your still not happy it might be time for a bog block.
devast8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy4024 View Post
It kinda seems to keep strong sound wise unless i have 4 people on it then it sounds weaker
I'm leaning toward a clutch/belt issue.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g16, speed, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha