lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
aladd6
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Transporting EZGO

Getting ready to trailer my cart to the Texas Coast (about 250 miles). Was reading in the EZGO manual to remove the top for transportation as it is only rated for 50 MPH. Question is, can I just remove the top or do I need to remove the support brackets also? Looks like it would be easier to just unbolt the top rather than all the support brackets! Thanks
aladd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
ttcfan4476
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Transporting EZGO

i have hauled mine at 60 before.
ttcfan4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have haul mine exposed to the wind but took precautions and tied some rope from the upper part of the front supports to the trailer. This took some of the strain off the roof assembly.
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have hauled my pushing 80. I did remove the windshield but the top was OK. If you are concerned, just remove the top and the supports should be fine. A lot depends on what you are hauling it behind.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Maintenance 6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've hauled mine a lot at 65 without doing anything but laying the windshield down. Guess I should maybe run a strap through the hand holds and down to the front. This last run, I had the seat lift and flip front onto the floor, scratching the paint along the way. That's the first that has ever happened. I will be strapping the seat down from here on.
Maintenance 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
tegger
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Take the top off.

We hauled ours about 20 miles. By the time we got to our destination, the top was almost coming off. The holes that the bolts go through had the little bit of plastic in them tearing away. Wound up replacing the top. Now, the uprights are sleeved, so the top comes off easy so the beast can climb into the box trailer. Out of sight. Out of mind and nature.
tegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just hauled my 260 miles behind a Jeep Wrangler on a Uhaul trailer with no issues. I pulled it into the trailer facing forwards because it seemed to be lower on the front of the cart. I kept the jeep at 55 and I had not issues. I think if you keep your speed around that you won’t have a problem because your TV is breaking a good bit of the wind.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO