lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #31
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 G22A Build Thread

Not a lot of progress this week. Sent in my primary to Plowman's for a little "tune" up. Ordered the performance kit and hoping to have everything back yet this week. Don is awesome to talk to. Said he tries to send everything back the day he gets it. THAT'S SERVICE!!

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

D.
Aftermath01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #32
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got my performance kit installed this weekend. Huge gains in low end torque. Seems a little sluggish if you floor it from idle or half throttle. Might need to adjust something. I highly recommend Plowmans if you are looking for seem better performance!

Got some body work done this weekend too. Hope to have it ready for paint next week. Then it will be done, for now!

D.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #33
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath01 View Post
Got my performance kit installed this weekend. Huge gains in low end torque. Seems a little sluggish if you floor it from idle or half throttle. Might need to adjust something. I highly recommend Plowmans if you are looking for seem better performance!

Got some body work done this weekend too. Hope to have it ready for paint next week. Then it will be done, for now!

D.
If you've followed Don's instructions, any remaining hesitation is likely from a carb that is less than completely clean inside. When you install the new jets, it's a great time to clean the carb completely, and make sure your gaskets are clean and there are no other vacuum leaks.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #34
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandbaggerYDRA View Post
If you've followed Don's instructions, any remaining hesitation is likely from a carb that is less than completely clean inside. When you install the new jets, it's a great time to clean the carb completely, and make sure your gaskets are clean and there are no other vacuum leaks.
I've cleaned it twice, but the second time i noticed a bad gasket on the inlet side of the carb. Ordered a new one and hopefully that is the source of my air leak. We'll see. I also noticed a louder exhaust sound. Maybe a sign on an air leak? Seemed odd to me.

D.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #35
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
I've cleaned it twice, but the second time i noticed a bad gasket on the inlet side of the carb. Ordered a new one and hopefully that is the source of my air leak. We'll see. I also noticed a louder exhaust sound. Maybe a sign on an air leak? Seemed odd to me.

D.
If you did the airbox mods (drilling the holes), that is the source of the louder engine, not the exhaust. Mine was "throatier" sounding after the mods.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #36
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandbaggerYDRA View Post
If you did the airbox mods (drilling the holes), that is the source of the louder engine, not the exhaust. Mine was "throatier" sounding after the mods.
Thanks Sandbagger!! That's the word I was going to use to describe the sound! I did the airbox mods, air filter, & jets. Quick question, did you bypass or modify your governor? Still debating on what to do.

D.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #37
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Thanks Sandbagger!! That's the word I was going to use to describe the sound! I did the airbox mods, air filter, & jets. Quick question, did you bypass or modify your governor? Still debating on what to do.

D.
I zip-tied the governor arm, which was good for a 20 MPH speed. I am on the fence about going any further. On the one hand, I'd like to hit 25 MPH for those occasions where I have to travel up the road from one section of the campground to the other. On the other hand, I want my daughter to learn to drive the cart, so I'm thinking about removing the zip tie and setting it back to 13 MPH max. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with an easily switchable governor bypass design........
Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #38
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Finally found time to work on the cart this weekend. Body is ready for paint this week. If everything goes as planned, I should have it completed by the weekend! Then I'll be done for a while...maybe :D

D.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #39
Aftermath01
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Paint is done! It's starting to look good now. Lights & new brush guard are done.

D.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha