lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 03 TXT intermittent throttle issue

I just purchased a 36v 2003 TXT shuttle all factory components (400amp Curtis controller, HD solenoid, AU2500 Hi Spd series motor) with new US2200 Batteries and I am having a throttle issue that usually only happens when I first take the cart out for a ride. First thing is the throttle is very jumpy, like it tries to go from 0 to 100 when attempting smooth acceleration.

The other issue is once I get going the throttle only operates to about 3/4 of the way to the floor. If I go past 3/4 throttle all the way to the floor, I lose power to the motor. The solenoid does not click again when I back off the throttle to the 3/4 pedal position but power returns to the motor.

Now here is the weird part, these two conditions will disappear after driving the cart for a couple of minutes or about a quarter mile. I get smooth acceleration and throttle all the way to the floor. I have replaced the ITS (Made in China) which may have helped some but the conditions still remain. I have also ordered an accelerator microswitch to see if that may solve the problems.

Any ideas of what is causing these problems or see anything wrong with this pedal box?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161004_190233.jpg (102.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20161003_134303-1.jpg (151.5 KB, 0 views)
bdot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 TXT intermittent throttle issue

Assuming no water present in pedal box...... Replace the 4 pin harness connector between the pedal box and the controller with 4 butt connectors. If that fails to cheap fix the problem replace the ITS unit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No water in the box only a little dirty. I have already replaced the throttle sensor but I not sure what you mean by replace the 4 pin harness connector with 4 butt connectors. Change all the wires or just connectors on both ends? What would be the reason?

Newb here..
Old 10-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Find the harness connector between the pedal box and the controller. Replace it with 4 but connectors. It is a notorious signal trouble spot.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdot79 View Post
No water in the box only a little dirty. I have already replaced the throttle sensor but I not sure what you mean by replace the 4 pin harness connector with 4 butt connectors. Change all the wires or just connectors on both ends? What would be the reason?

Newb here..
There is a four pin in-line connector between the gray cable coming out of the pedal box and the cart's wiring harness. Replace that 4 pin Molex connector with 4 butt connectors.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will see if I can locate and repair the connectors this evening and will report back. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like the previous owner already replaced the harness with butt connectors. You can see the pink connectors in the pic below.

The only other wire that has some damage is the red wire from the selinoid to the b- on the controller. Could this cause a problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161012_214759-1.jpg (77.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are looking for a hard problem to find. Assume thotning is good. You could
1. test the controller signal output
2. test the ITS signal output
3. replace the 2 signal wires from the ITS to the controller.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #9
bdot79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I replaced the micro-switch & cleaned the pedal box including the connectors, plunger, etc. and I didn't have any issue the last time out. If the throttle acts up again I will look to replace the signal wires. Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #10
nooooob
Not Yet Wild

Hi everyone. Warning - complete nooob here. Just got cart yesterday. Acelleration is intermittant. We drive for a while. Stop, then press peddle and nothing. I can hear the click sound but it only gives a very slight forward movement then nothing. If we let it rest for a minute it starts working again. Other times the rest is shorter. Reverse always works fine. Any ideas?

Right now I am going to try replacing the
EZGO Wire Harness for FNR
Inductive Throttle Sensor
Accelerator Micro Switch

Is there something else I should be replacing?

Is see in this thread that the cable that goes from pedal box to wire harness is a candidate, but I'm not sure if that cable I have above is the one.
nooooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO