lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax field map for Plum quick executioner

Just a heads up, the executioner map is now available. Compared to the uni map, i gained 2mph with turbo on, and the same speed as uni with turbo off.

Currently with my setup on flat ground 34.6 is my top speed. Overall I love the performance of this combo, great torque for on road use in my opinion.

I do want to say thanks to Tahoedawg and Sergio for the help throughout my upgrades! David (taboedawg) is always a phone call or text away, for anyone who is looking to upgrade your cart, the support you get after the sale is priceless and makes the expierence that much better! Alltrax has also been great at resolving some minor issues and stand behind there stuff!
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax field map for Plum quick executioner

What is this "turbo" thing on an alltrax controller/motor? I've seen them used on gas or diesels but never on electric.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Night life, that sounds great, it looks like the new controller and motor map are working really well.

Did it help with the pack voltage drop as well?

dundeebarnbuggy, "Turbo" in this case is more of a Marketing terminology for the Alltrax ability to produce better performance.

Sepex motor manufactures provide a "motor map" graph that shows the relation of Field Current and Armature Current for optimal operation.

The controller can under certain conditions go outside that range.

The XCT controllers with the speed sensor feedback loop can monitor the motor speed to determine how much it can lower the Field Current to increase the top end speed or to Increase the Field Current to provide better low speed torque.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Let me know if you get to 35mph!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
Just a heads up, the executioner map is now available. Compared to the uni map, i gained 2mph with turbo on, and the same speed as uni with turbo off.

Currently with my setup on flat ground 34.6 is my top speed. Overall I love the performance of this combo, great torque for on road use in my opinion.

I do want to say thanks to Tahoedawg and Sergio for the help throughout my upgrades! David (taboedawg) is always a phone call or text away, for anyone who is looking to upgrade your cart, the support you get after the sale is priceless and makes the expierence that much better! Alltrax has also been great at resolving some minor issues and stand behind there stuff!
Night Life,
Very impressive results, and just when I was thinking mine was fast enough at 27-28 with the Admiral A2 motor.

This post could cost me more money.

I wonder what the difference between 23 and 21" tires would be??

Thanks for sharing,
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Night life, that sounds great, it looks like the new controller and motor map are working really well.

dundeebarnbuggy, "Turbo" in this case is more of a Marketing terminology for the Alltrax ability to produce better performance.

Sepex motor manufactures provide a "motor map" graph that shows the relation of Field Current and Armature Current for optimal operation.

The XCT controllers with the speed sensor feedback loop can monitor the motor speed to determine how much it can lower the Field Current to increase the top end speed or to Increase the Field Current to provide better low speed torque.
Thanks. Now I can stop staring at you guys pics wondering where the turbo is. The 1268 Curtis in my cart has a mode switch. Does this do the same thing? Cart has a very noticeable torque increase at slow speeds in mode 1 at the expense of speed of course.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:10 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Thanks. Now I can stop staring at you guys pics wondering where the turbo is. The 1268 Curtis in my cart has a mode switch. Does this do the same thing? Cart has a very noticeable torque increase at slow speeds in mode 1 at the expense of speed of course.
Yes and No. The Curtis has programmable modes. You can use the handheld programmer to set the parameters for Mode 1 and Mode 2 within the controller settings. If you want to set the parameters for mode 2 for a "Turbo" effect, then yes, mode 2 will do the same thing. It's all in how you set up the controller.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #8
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks again and sorry for hyjacking this thread. Can't wait for warmer weather as I plan on borrowing a programmer and "tweaking" it a little.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #9
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
Night Life,
Very impressive results, and just when I was thinking mine was fast enough at 27-28 with the Admiral A2 motor.

This post could cost me more money.

I wonder what the difference between 23 and 21" tires would be??

Thanks for sharing,
Aflyer
Thanks,

I live in South Florida so for me it is the perfect motor. Not sure If I lived in NC i would feel the same way. In your case, you have sacrificed speed for torque. Not a bad thing when the terrain isn't flat IMO.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #10
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

New controller will be here today, I will report back. This is with the new field map installed and low voltage turned down to 35 so it doesn't kick in. Will said I can turn that as low as I want, it won't hurt anything. New field map didn't change voltage drop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car