lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
dfroggatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Delta Q Charger Receptacle

I have an E-Z-Go 2008 Electric RXV Golf Cart. This cart has an EZGO 613304 Charger Receptacle for Delta Q, 48-volt, Charger. This is identified as a three wire receptacle but actually has 4 wires.One black, one red, one gray and a blue smaller gauge wire.This receptacle has an LED indicator light that as far as I can tell never lights up. What is the purpose of this light and is there a way to troubleshoot the wiring harness to determine why it does not work. I have been unable to get a wiring diagram on this receptacle.
dfroggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Delta Q Charger Receptacle

The receptacle potted and is not repairable.
I don't know what the LED is for, but troubleshooting it is fairly straightforward.

It has three wires and a gray cable containing two wires.
Red = Positive
Black = Negative
Blue = Controller disable (Must have battery pack voltage on it for cart to run)
Gray = Battery temperature sensor.

The top left terminal is connected directly to the black (-) wire.
The top right terminal connects to the red (+) wire via a 30A fuse.
Bottom terminal sends battery temperature info to Delta-Q charger.

What do you mean by "does not work", the batteries don't charge, the charger doesn't come on, or the cart does not run?

Added:
Found a couple pictures of board with potting removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-12 11.39.00.jpg (67.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150112_144559_169.jpg (123.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 03-11-2017 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: added attachments
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The green led flashes slowly when charging, flashes faster when nearly done, and goes solid green when done charging Until the charger is Unplugged. It is also capable of flashing red in the event of a fault. This feature only works with Delta-Q chargers, not with Dpi or any other chargers. I'm surprised no one has noticed that I had removed the led from that charge port board by the time I took those pictures .
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
tommytexr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

EZGO TXT 48V
My blue wire doesn't have pack voltage. It is about 20 volts less. does this mean the receptacle bad? Would this cause my cart to run in limp mode?
tommytexr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

No, I believe the output on blue wire has to be "anything above 16v" is considered good enough to allow the controller to run. As far as I know, the charge port can only allow a cart to run, or prohibit it from running, no limp mode.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
tommytexr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Dang it I thought that was it. I ran this troubleshooting sequence. P5 must be pack voltage. Do you have any suggestions on speed jumping up and down?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZ-GO 2010+ TXT with 1206HB Control.pdf (853.9 KB, 0 views)
tommytexr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:46 AM   #7
ALIA0007
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a new receptacle that comes with the red, black, blue and the gray temperature wires. I don't know where to hook the gray wire. Should I put it in a positive or negative pole of a battery ?
ALIA0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:24 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

The grey "wire" is actually 2 wires in one grey sheath. It could go on any terminal, or on none at all. Its a temp sensor to detect rough battery temperatures. Ezgo puts it on the B+ terminal with the red charge port wire, but it wouldn't technically matter which post you put it on, or it would still work if you just left it dangling. It does serve a purpose tho, a hot battery would like to be treated differently than a freezing one would, and delta-q chargers can detect that difference with that sensor.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #9
ALIA0007
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the answer.
What happens is I changed the battery wires and the person accidentally broke or left the gray wire out. Since then the Delta Q Charger does not charge and I can charge my cart on ly with a different charger. I notice my charger cannot charge another cart that doesn't have this gray wire connected, so I assume that to use it with the Delta Q, Powerwise charger it is important to have this wire hooked. Leaving it lose doesn't activate my charger having only one red blink as a diagnose.
Thanks for the help and should I connect it to the positive or negative pole? (Don't want to "burn" the sensor.)
ALIA0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

QE/SC-48 throw a fault without that grey wire connected to anything. they refuse to do anything but. We get a lot that come in not charging because the ring corroded off.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
613304, charger receptacle, delta q, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO