lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed Code 4 and Curtis Programmer

I rented one of the Curtis 1313 Handheld programmers to try before buy. I was messing around with the menus when I came to speed code. My speed code was set at 4, which I toggled up with no change then down which dropped speed code to 3, problem is it will go to 1 and back to 3 but not 4. I am assuming the controller was licensed at some point for speed code 4, why cant I get it back to 4?

Also programmer has little in the way of adjustments to anything compared to an Alltrax, is there any meaningful adjustments this programmer can do other than mess up speed codes?

Thanks
Bill
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Code 4 and Curtis Programmer

Was there a sticker on the controller or elsewhere with a code printed on it? You will need that purchased code to turn speed code 4 back on.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The older Curtis controllers are not meant to be user programmable. Basic functions can be changed slightly, like regen braking, or speed codes, and maybe checking error codes, but not much else.

Really you're better off just spending the money of a programmer on an Alltrax if you want the options to change things.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabill View Post
I rented one of the Curtis 1313 Handheld programmers to try before buy. I was messing around with the menus when I came to speed code. My speed code was set at 4, which I toggled up with no change then down which dropped speed code to 3, problem is it will go to 1 and back to 3 but not 4. I am assuming the controller was licensed at some point for speed code 4, why cant I get it back to 4?

Also programmer has little in the way of adjustments to anything compared to an Alltrax, is there any meaningful adjustments this programmer can do other than mess up speed codes?

Thanks
Bill
teecro is correct. Once you change it from speed setting 4 to another setting, you must re-enter the 3 digit code to unlock it again. If you don't have the sticker on the car with the 3 digit code, you're gonna have to re-order it. And yes, you're correct that it doesn't offer much as far as programming. It's a very basic design. It's not the programmer that's basic, it's the controller software. OEM controllers won't allow you to edit many of their parameters but if you were to plug the same programmer into a Curtis 1268 you'd be amazed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
cocoabill
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all, I will have to look closer but don't think there is any sticker on it. Really sucks the the Curtis programmer doesn't give you a warning or grandfather you in because it was already set at 4. Glad I rented the programmer, I wont be buying one.
cocoabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabill View Post
Thanks all, I will have to look closer but don't think there is any sticker on it. Really sucks the the Curtis programmer doesn't give you a warning or grandfather you in because it was already set at 4. Glad I rented the programmer, I wont be buying one.
Not that everyone follows this, but the code is required to be placed on the cart along with the Warning sticker. I would say I have probably had SP4 on 60-75 carts and always received the stickers and placed them under the seat right next to the factory codes or most representative.... Any I bought or had done previously were the same way.

So just be sure to look around good....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #7
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Reviving an old thread but more around basic use of the programmer...

I bought the 1313-4331 and want to adjust basic functions like pedal up and regen braking and want to confirm the process to implement the changes. Once I change settings, I turn the cart from Run to Tow for around 10 seconds, then back to Run, right? Do I leave the programmer plugged in during this? I tried and it with the programmer plugged in and the programmer turns off then it came back on. Just making sure I'm doing it correctly since there aren't specific directions for Club Car (that I've found).
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car