lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #1
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax or Navitas?

Looking to upgrade my 15 CC Precedent with a 400(ish) amp controller. I'm torn between the Alltrax XTC and the Navitas. Navitas doesn't seem to be as popular on this forum but I sure would love to have bluetooth access. On the other hand, Alltrax seems to have a better reputation and the support from our site sponsors is clearly better. Any additional things I should consider here? Anyone with a Navitas setup have feedback as to whether or not the BT access is worth it? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i.weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #2
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alltrax or Navitas?

So is the Navitas plug and play or do you need to upgrade all the supporting parts like with Alltrax? Also with Navitas do you need to be concern with field maps?

Alltrax has a 2 year warranty which is nice. Their toolkit is only Windows based. Lots of IPads out there.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally would choose Alltrax. If nothing else, people on this forum have much more experience with them and can help you.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:19 AM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

Alltrax
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We sell the Alltrax so I was going to stay out of this but it looks like the board is not offering much information.
From what I understand the Navitas control allows the user to adjust the motor field current varying the amount of torque or speed produced. This is a good idea in the hands of an engineer. When mis-used the motor suffers catastrophically.
The Alltrax leans more toward the bombproof user friendly type. It is reverse polarity protected and waterproof. According to Alltrax you can hook it up backwards and drop it in the pool it will still work. It also has many user adjustments available. If for any reason it does not work it will be replaced for the first 2 years. It looks to me that BT connectivity is right around the corner for all of our cart modifications, chargers and controllers alike.
Their free software and user manual is here > https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go Alltrax. You don't need Bluetooth for a controller. Tune the Alltrax with the laptop to your liking and you probably won't ever mess with it again. PLUS, everything that Scotty said about the Navitas & Alltrax.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #7
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Just ordered my Alltrax setup from Scotty. Thanks for all the feedback!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i.weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #8
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
. It looks to me that BT connectivity is right around the corner for all of our cart modifications, chargers and controllers alike.
https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
So you’re saying a prudent Alltrax buyer should wait for the next generation? If it’s so close.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Heck no. I'm saying soon you will have bluetooth for everything
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #10
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

one more thing to break...
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car