lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Default Super slow 2003 Club Car DS

The cart has fully charged brand new batteries. Yet the cart will only go about 8 mph at best. The other thing is, the pedal is nearly to the floor before it kicks on and starts to move. Have I got a bad MCOR?
I thought maybe a speed sensor, but the cart beeps when I push it and I do have a reverse buzzer.

Thoughts?
TIA

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
buckeyejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Default Re: Super slow 2003 Club Car DS

Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 09-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Majority of the time that's just a worn linkage bar between the pedal and the MCOR.
Look down at the base of the pedal there's a rod with two bars sticking off the end around the pedal arm. The linkage rod meets the pedal there, and goes across to the right under the floor to the MCOR.
Stick a piece of fuel hose or wrap a couple zip ties around the upper bar to space it away form the pedal arm. Now when the pedal pushes the rod it will turn the rod a bit further and engage the MCOR sooner.

Also can have worn pivot bushings for the accel pedal. They should be replaced if there is excessive movement in the pedal pivot rod.
Still a chance the MCOR is worn out. Usually the two fixes above will correct the majority of the looseness in the pedal, so the MCOR will engage at a higher point in the pedal travel.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

@Fairtax4me thanks for the idea, I looked at the pedal assembly and found the rod connecting the pedal to the MCOR was not installed properly. I loosened a few parts, reconnected it properly, and now it runs good! [emoji106] gonna go test and GPS it now...

Old 09-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
Dando151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know of a replacement pedal assembly they have for the 2003 club car ds? I know all the tricks regarding adding a piece under the pedal but it only lasts for a few months. Its not getting full throttle again only about 75%. Please let me know. Thank you
Dando151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check with David Hicks at Revolution Golf Carts (Site Sponsor); pretty sure he has a whole pedal group
simicrintz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:22 PM   #7
Dando151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you
Dando151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car