lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default please help me identify what this rectangular device is and what it does

im new here and to the cart scene and been scouring the great advice you all have given in the past and thank you all for that. Im upgrading my 01 clubcar with new controller and motor,cables and solonoid. etc. could anyone tell me what the elongated item bolted to the frame with the cable coming from it? and how important it is on my new upgrade? thank you..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71340220_2359562240960359_747934199154999296_n.jpg (175.5 KB, 0 views)
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: please help me identify what this rectangular device is and what it does

That's your 16v to 8v reducer.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:03 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: please help me identify what this rectangular device is and what it does

I believe it’s actually a 16 to 12 V reducer…
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Correct. It was used on the 8v carts via a 2-battery tap to reduce the 16v -> 12v.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dunlap View Post
im new here and to the cart scene and been scouring the great advice you all have given in the past and thank you all for that. Im upgrading my 01 clubcar with new controller and motor,cables and solonoid. etc. could anyone tell me what the elongated item bolted to the frame with the cable coming from it? and how important it is on my new upgrade? thank you..
I believe it is a stock voltage reducer to operate your 12 volt Accessories. I took mine out and put in a 30 amp 48 to 12 reducer.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you all for that information. i had already put in a 48-12 volt converter for my lights etc. so i will just remove it as Klubber had mentioned. im in the middle of upgrading the motor and controller etc. so you may hear from me again. thank you all for each of your responses.
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car