lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 RXV Front Passenger Side Spindle Nut

I completely sheared off the passenger side spindle right at the back of the hub assembly. I had everything removed and had to call it a night. Before I could remove the dust cap the next day on the old hub assembly to try salvage the spindle nut my son decided to clean up and threw away the old hub assembly. I can't for the LIFE of me find the nut that holds the hub assembly onto the spindle anywhere on the web. It keeps pointing me to a castle nut which I know the 2008+ don't use on the front. Does anyone know where I can find the actual nut that holds the Hub assembly onto the spindle? Any help is greatly appreciated!
jallwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV Front Passenger Side Spindle Nut

I may have found it.
Google "8074m nut" and see it you see it. (I had much better results using a computer compared to a phone)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Ezgo part number 601709. This is a link to the parts diagram. https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/index...975%7c%7eG-1/y This is a link to the part https://shop.txtsv.com/lock-nut-m16-2
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I may have found it.
Google "8074m nut" and see it you see it. (I had much better results using a computer compared to a phone)
Thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Ezgo part number 601709. This is a link to the parts diagram. https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/index...975%7c%7eG-1/y This is a link to the part https://shop.txtsv.com/lock-nut-m16-2
Thank you!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

What if I forgot to count the threads on the tie-rod? 😳 Is there a standard thread count (9 maybe) or is every cart gonna be different.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
rngilliland
Gone Wild

If you haven't turned the tie rod I would just put it on and see how it drives. If you turned it, adjust it to be equal to the other side. Measure the toe in and adjust until you have between 0-1/8". Once you have the two sides equal, always turn both sides the same amount when you adjust the toe.

If the cart doesn't feel right, adjust it a little at a time until it feels normal.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you haven't turned the tie rod I would just put it on and see how it drives. If you turned it, adjust it to be equal to the other side. Measure the toe in and adjust until you have between 0-1/8". Once you have the two sides equal, always turn both sides the same amount when you adjust the toe.

If the cart doesn't feel right, adjust it a little at a time until it feels normal.
Thanks! I really appreciate they help. I'm a total noob with Golf Carts but am slowly learning!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #9
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I may have found it.
Hey man I'm in Newnan. Right around the corner from ya!
Old 10-24-2019, 03:59 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Whoa,,, leave the other side alone, if the steering was good before (if it's not too late for that). Install the side that has been adjusted & adjust toe to about 1/16" to 1/8" toe in & you'll be dandy. Less toe-in is better for tire wear & the factory specs are a little "wide" to account for lame practices demanded for fast assembly line requirements. 1/16" is my goal for every cart with stock suspension.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO