lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #21
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: Is there a Battery Fluid Fill Tool

I know I'm late to the discussion, but I use a 2.5 gallon gravity feed jug and a Thexton watering gun. Put the jug on the roof of the cart. One hand for watering, and one to hold a small flash light...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaterFill_GravityFeed.jpg (30.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Thexton_THE604.jpg (41.4 KB, 0 views)
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #22
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisneri View Post
i use a condiment dispenser like you buy for mustard or ketchup great control no mess
I use a similar bottle. Got it from the hospital 10 years ago when my daughter was born. lol Been used for many things over the years, can't believe it's still in one piece!
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #23
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We'd need a lot more capacity than a baster or condiment dispenser to fill 80% of what rolls into our shop!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #24
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We'd need a lot more capacity than a baster or condiment dispenser to fill 80% of what rolls into our shop!

That’s what I’m sayin
...Or if you’re the king of neglect and/or have multiple carts like me
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #25
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

It's the customers who are kings/queens of neglect. Some of the carts that roll in I'm surprised even run. People here drive them into the ground.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #26
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It's the customers who are kings/queens of neglect. Some of the carts that roll in I'm surprised even run. People here drive them into the ground.
Had a neighbor ask for help with getting his old DS to charge. It took almost 3 gallons of water to fill them up...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #27
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Once you let batteries run that dry the damage is already done, sadly.

Not just neglect around these parts sadly. We get kids who play with them like toys (oddly enough parents don't seem to care one bit that their $4500 RXV got rolled over into a ditch and twisted the frame, after all, Johnny was just being a kid! if it were me I'd have a sore behind and grounded for life!) and get rollovers, twisted frames, running into the back end of a car, driven into a combine, hit by lightning, etc. It's a crazy world I live in!

One of the wildest wrecks we scrapped was a new AC Drive Yamaha, hit by a semi (the cart had four people on, two up front, two on the back seat kit) after a child driver drove it into the path of a tractor trailer hauling chickens. It broke the cart in half, twisted it into itself; literally folded up. I still don't understand how any of them walked away without so much as a scratch! Didn't do anything to the semi, not even stopping its paint job!
Old 10-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #28
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Once you let batteries run that dry the damage is already done, sadly.
Oh yeah they were/are shot but we bump charged them one by one and got the charger going. I explained that to him, he said as long as he could drive it around in the yard he was good. I told him to keep them watered and charged, I still see it out in the yard so it might still be working.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #29
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I've gotten shy about boosting certain brands of batteries, especially cheap ones like Rural Kings.

We had a TXT series car come in as what I call a 'Dead battery special' (the kind where the customer brings in their charger and complains it's not working!) the batteries, one year old Rural Kings, were reading 17.4 volts at the pack. We checked water, it was fine. We boosted them with an Eagle charger (it works like a DPI and even maintains batteries) and load tested them and they all checked out, same voltage, no imbalance.

took off and not 50 feet car shuts down, so I stop and hit the gas again. BOOM! It was like a .22 Rifle had gone off next to my right ear. I was deaf in one ear for a few seconds, and the cart was hemorrhaging battery acid. a battery exploded. Blew the caps God only knows where (I think it actually vaporized them) and the top case was cracked.

We no longer boost Rural Kings.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:16 AM   #30
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Yep, I totally agree with the sentiment of the direction this thread has taken, those are the prime ones to blow up! I had one with a water system blow every single cell on every single battery, under my butt while I drove out of the shop. I described it as a shotgun blast. The salesmen came back to see what happened, because they said it shook the window panes of the showroom. Best part was, it was in a $24,000 Garia cart. We went into "panic mode" to clean it up, everything under the seat is aluminum, acid & scraps everywhere. The pics are somewhere on this forum. It was a real big mess. Another reason to avoid "single point watering systems"!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO