lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default forward reverse switch

So I'm looking at a EZGo TXT 36 volt series cart
One of the big cables on the F&R switch was heated up and broken. I fixed it (I believe the nut holding the wire was loose)
Now on the 2 micro switches there is a blue wire and a red wire that are still hooked up, On one side of one micro switch there is a red wire with a spade connector on it and I don't see where that one goes.
then coming off the harness there is a orange and black both with spade connectors. (is that for the reverse buzzer)?

Also there is a red wire that connects the 2 micro switches together
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: forward reverse switch

The red wire brings pack voltage from the reed switch at the charge port. The blue wire is on the other side of that micro and sends voltage to the key switch. The orange wire gets voltage when r is selected and sends it to the controller to tell it to go 1/2 speed. That red wire with it goes to the reverse buzzer, I believe.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Orangeman, I don't think a series-TXT has half speed reverse (although the Marathons did depending on controller used)

The orange wire is part of the reverse beeper circuit. That one microswitch there is just for the reverse buzzer. one side goes to the output side of the neutral-lock out microswitch that interrupts the key switch, the other supplies positive volts to the beeper. the black wire from beeper goes to B- via the harness somewhere.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Orangeman, I don't think a series-TXT has half speed reverse (although the Marathons did depending on controller used)

The orange wire is part of the reverse beeper circuit. That one microswitch there is just for the reverse buzzer. one side goes to the output side of the neutral-lock out microswitch that interrupts the key switch, the other supplies positive volts to the beeper. the black wire from beeper goes to B- via the harness somewhere.
All EZGO series drive carts with Curtis 1206 controllers have 1/2 speed revers.

EZGO started using the Curtis 1206 controller when they went to the ITS type throttle and introduced the Medalist body style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO