lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
JSC1964
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Txt pds controller or solenoid issue

I have an EZGO txt pds 36 volt cart. I have a navitas 440 amp controller installed and a new motor. The controller will not power on and I don’t get any click from the solenoid when the pedal is pressed. I have a little over 37 volts from the battery pack and I’ve confirmed the controller is getting power even though the power light does not come on. The solenoid has 36 volts at both small terminals once the run / tow switch is in run regardless if the key is on or off. Pressing the pedal does not cause the solenoid to click and none of the meter readings change when the pedal is pressed. Not sure if I have a solenoid issue, a controller issue or possibly a controller harness issue or something else. Thanks for any advice here.
JSC1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Txt pds controller or solenoid issue

Some of the EZGO troubleshooting info on the CARTS UNLIMITED site should help you out. Check each device, Key, F&R switch, Pedal Micro, Charger interlok, F&R switch, ITS. Having solenoid activation with the key off does not sound right. Navitas does have wiring diagram to confirm your set up, however it should be "Plug & Play"
Is this a new install? or has the cart run with the upgrade? Do you have the phone app or the Dealer App installed for the controller?
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC1964 View Post
I have an EZGO txt pds 36 volt cart. I have a navitas 440 amp controller installed and a new motor. The controller will not power on and I don’t get any click from the solenoid when the pedal is pressed. I have a little over 37 volts from the battery pack and I’ve confirmed the controller is getting power even though the power light does not come on. The solenoid has 36 volts at both small terminals once the run / tow switch is in run regardless if the key is on or off. Pressing the pedal does not cause the solenoid to click and none of the meter readings change when the pedal is pressed. Not sure if I have a solenoid issue, a controller issue or possibly a controller harness issue or something else. Thanks for any advice here.
The Navitas will give you beeps or chirps to ID controller issues. If you have newer, you can access controller via phone thru bluetooth.

How did you confirm controller was getting power? Did you remove the resistor from solenoid?

Did it run and just stop working or is this after the initial install?

I have attached the Navitas troubleshooting guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf navitas troubleshooting guide.pdf (443.1 KB, 0 views)
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It would be nice if somebody stickied that guide
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
JSC1964
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The controller worked when first installed though the cart was too jumpy. I never could get it adjusted. Then it just quit working with an error code. I don’t recall the code now. I hired a local cart repair shop to work on it and after 9 weeks of giving me the run around I got the cart back I repaired. Now the controller light doesn’t come
On at all.

Per the Navitas trouble shooting guide I pulled the harness from the controller and put my +lead from my meter in the #10 pin and the - lead on B- and the volt reading was the same as the battery pack.

Also I did remove The resistor from the solenoid when I installed the controller.

I’ve tested the reed switch and it’s fine. So now I’m going to try to test key switch, forward reverse switch and the pedal. I’ll report back what I find. Could take a while, I really don’t know what I’m doing but I’ll figure it out.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
JSC1964
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked the key switch. I’m the off position I got pack voltage on one terminal and 46.4 on the other. Then in the on position I got pack voltage on both. The on dash battery life indicator does turn on and off with the switch.

The forward/ reverse switch I got next to nothing on the meter regardless of what position the switch was in or which terminal I checked. The readings were like 2.0 or 1.8.

Both seem to be not working properly. Strange it would be both at the same time. I assume these are cheap parts compared to what I’ve already spent so I may just go ahead and replace them. I may go ahead and just replace the solenoid too. The one on the cart is stock and I may need a heavy duty one anyway.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #7
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Your doing fine...one step at a time....
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
JSC1964
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've been away for a few days but I'm going to order the key switch and forward reverse switch. The key switch on my cart has 3 prongs on the back of it with wires connected. All the ones I see online for replacement only have 2 prongs. Can I use the key switch with only 2 prongs and if so what do I do with the extra wire? Also do you guys think I should just go ahead and replace all the wires running to and from these switches while I'm at it? Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO