lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default tie rod end info needed

I hate to hide for all this time and only reappear needing something but anyhow,
I am trying to help a lady that works where i eat breakfast in the mornings fix the steering on her ez-go .It is insured as a 99 but it seems to have the PDS? control system that came out in 2000?
.Anyhow,the passenger side tie rod end is worn out and makes a noise and causes play in the steering.
I can find tie rod ends on ebay but I can't tell if this is a left hand or right hand thread without tearing the cart apart which she is still using.
Here are the numbers on the tag of the cart,
manufactor code G200
1288220 serial no.
It is the far outside tie rod end on the passenger side of the cart that I need to replace the tie rod end.
Here is a link to the style of tie rod end that it uses.I wish I had took a pic with my regular camera but I only took it with my telephone and have no way to get it on here directly but I will try to attach a picture of the picture on my telephone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Z-GO-Golf...gAAOSw7ThUlFk8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00110.JPG (321.8 KB, 0 views)
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: tie rod end info needed

Need a clearer pic.
If you were to look at tie rod viewed from front of cart.
Imagine if you were to turn tie rod end (disconnected from wheel) clockwise.
Would it screw in or out?
Remember lefty loosey, meaning turn counter clockwise tie rod gets longer = right hand thread.
You can also hold a regular bolt next to tie rods threads and see if they look the same or appear reversed/ left handed.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well it is several miles down the road and it will be 1 day next week before I can get to it for a better pic. I honestly could not tell which way the threads went when I looked at it.It was in a dark shed so I am just hopeing someone may know which 1 it was so I can just order it and get it on there next week before she quits refilling my sweet tea at breakfast!
Old 01-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

On a 20 year old cart you can't be sure who's done what over the years. If the tie rod assemblies have ever been off, which is likely at that age, they could have been put on either way.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so if I bought 1 of each, I could just replace both? Ok, so what would be the part numbers ? I am having trouble ciphering it all.
would the model Number indicate it to be a medalist or?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-Medali...AAAOSwsqxcLOBQ
Old 01-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #6
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

double posted,sorrry
Old 01-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Manf code puts yours as a 2000 TXT. Tie rods should be the same as Medalist. Yes, one of each would do it if you can't see which way the threads go on the one in question.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #8
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for taking a moment to help me out. I will let her know in the morning what I found out and will get the tie rods ordered this week.I want to get that little job done.I couldn't get into this website for a while because i forgot my password and had to fire up a old computer that had it saved on it to get in! Hehe,Well anyhow thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO