lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
bbflo
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS Camber

I just finished installing new wheels & tires, bushings, tie rod ends, leaf springs, shocks, and a 1" lift block on my 03 DS.

I got everything adjusted except the camber is off a bit.

I think something like this would solve my problem:

Club Car Precedent Golf Cart King Pin Camber Correction Kit
URL: http://rhox.com/pc_product_detail.as...184CE44AC25E1E

Does anyone know if I can make a precedent king pin work on a DS?

bbflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Camber

Did you replace the bushings on the inner end of the control arms?
A precedent king pin will not fit a DS.
You can slot the mounting holes where the inner control arm attaches to the brackets on top of the frame so they can be moved out slightly.
The only adjustment you can make is to center the spring so the camber is even on both sides. The other option is to ditch the spindle lift and go with a double A-arm type.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
bbflo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Did you replace the bushings on the inner end of the control arms?
A precedent king pin will not fit a DS.
You can slot the mounting holes where the inner control arm attaches to the brackets on top of the frame so they can be moved out slightly.
The only adjustment you can make is to center the spring so the camber is even on both sides. The other option is to ditch the spindle lift and go with a double A-arm type.
The upper control arm bushings and leaf spring bushings have been replaced. It's all stock suspension components. The only thing I added to get lift was the 1" lift block.

Can a precedent king pin be modified with say top/bottom spacers or is it the diameter that's completely off, or something else?
bbflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The DS front suspension doesn't have any built in way to change camber. The 1" block lifts the rest of the cart while leaving the spring itself at stock height, so side to side distance is exactly the same for the leaf spring, but since the control arm swings downward slightly the distance between the ends of those arms is ever so slightly less. That's why you get the / \ stance. As Fairtax4me already said, the choices are slot the upper holes or get a different suspension. Of course there is the choice to leave it alone & live with it "as is".
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #5
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbflo View Post
I just finished installing new wheels & tires, bushings, tie rod ends, leaf springs, shocks, and a 1" lift block on my 03 DS.

I got everything adjusted except the camber is off a bit.

I think something like this would solve my problem:

Club Car Precedent Golf Cart King Pin Camber Correction Kit
URL: http://rhox.com/pc_product_detail.as...184CE44AC25E1E

Does anyone know if I can make a precedent king pin work on a DS?

I’d like to bring this thread back to the top because I have this same issue with my DS due to the fact that I also put a 1” lift block in front. Just seeing if you resolved the negative camber problem on your ds?

I’ve been searching and I can’t seem to come up with any info on how to resolve this issue. Someone did mention slotting could work🤷🏼*♂️ I wasn’t sure on how’d to go about doing that.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:17 AM   #6
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

main thing now is to get the camber the same side to side there is a nut in the center of the spring with an ecentric cam to get the camber equal on both sides by turning it, it moves the spring side to side. you have to loosen the four nuts that hold the spring plate and then it can be moved. after you set the camber measure from the spring back to the chassis crossbar and equal it out that will set the caster tighten the spring mount nuts then the cam ecentric and then the toe i run 0 to start and if it steers lazy i toe it in 1/16" if it darts when I give it steering input i toe it out 1/16"
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:48 AM   #7
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCurt View Post
main thing now is to get the camber the same side to side there is a nut in the center of the spring with an ecentric cam to get the camber equal on both sides by turning it, it moves the spring side to side. you have to loosen the four nuts that hold the spring plate and then it can be moved. after you set the camber measure from the spring back to the chassis crossbar and equal it out that will set the caster tighten the spring mount nuts then the cam ecentric and then the toe i run 0 to start and if it steers lazy i toe it in 1/16" if it darts when I give it steering input i toe it out 1/16"
Yeah that has been done, where all good there.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:53 AM   #8
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have an idea. What if I removed the leaf spring stuck the eye end of leaf in a vice, heated up the ends and bent it downward about a 1/4 “ or so then repeat that on the other side. That would bring the bottom of the spindle inward to reduce the negative camber. I’m just not sure of heating something up if it would weaken the leaf...don’t need that!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:16 AM   #9
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

no dont do that it is tempered " spring steel" that will ruin it, rebuild upper control arm mount? i redid my lowers on my 57 build after lowering it there was serious positive camber
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car