lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Parts Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
I take VERY go care of my equipment. It is always recharged after use, batteries have the "easy fill" system and always filled after each charging, kept in a barn with a cover over it and never abused in the field. The back seat still has the shipping plastic cover on it! Sounds like BB and I need to talk some more.
It might be something easy - however hard enough for 4 weeks of head scratching elsewhere. Bring it up to my shop, we'll get her back in action for you!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
There just happens to be one on ebay right now...$900
Is this the controller?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Navitas-1000-amp...10154005r10617
Yep. That's the one! I got the buggy back today (after paying $1400) and I have the old controller. Can it be repaired?
I talked to BB but they refuse to help - 1 year warranty expired a year ago. I explained how little it was actually used in the 2 years but that made no difference. Oh well, I tried. Thanks for all of your help.
Do you know of a good place to take it in the Houston area if future service is needed?
Rockin' G Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #23
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There are controller rebuilders than can fix it...but again, rebuilt controllers don't have a very good reputation. IMO, I would NOT send it to CTS. I saw a stack of bad rebuilt controllers today and they all had Controller Test Services stickers on them.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #24
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hummmmmm - I wonder where you were?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Controller went out again! This will be the 3rd controller for this buggy. The last one lasted only 3 years. Is this normal?
Should I try to repair this one or put another new one?
Is there any special care I should be doing to protect these controllers or are that poorly made? This is rediculus!
I was not happy with the last dealer so I took it to another dealer north of Houston.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Controller Problems

Tttt
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Controller went out again! This will be the 3rd controller for this buggy. The last one lasted only 3 years. Is this normal?
Should I try to repair this one or put another new one?
Is there any special care I should be doing to protect these controllers or are that poorly made? This is rediculus!
I was not happy with the last dealer so I took it to another dealer north of Houston.

Thanks for any advice.
My 06 DS is still on it's first stock controller . . . without knowing how you use and maintain your cart, it is difficult to figure out why you may be experiencing so many controller failures . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #28
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
My 06 DS is still on it's first stock controller . . . without knowing how you use and maintain your cart, it is difficult to figure out why you may be experiencing so many controller failures . . .
I keep the batteries full of DISTILLED water (I have the automatic filler system so it is very easy). I keep the batteries fully charged - I charge after each day of use. I drive it on dirt roads at normal speeds. I very seldom have to use 4WD except on some hills where it automatically switches to 4WD.
I keep it stored in my garage so it is not in the weather. I do wash it once in a while but I have never had a problem after washing it.
In general I think I take very good care of the buggy and I have never abused it.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I keep the batteries full of DISTILLED water (I have the automatic filler system so it is very easy). I keep the batteries fully charged - I charge after each day of use. I drive it on dirt roads at normal speeds. I very seldom have to use 4WD except on some hills where it automatically switches to 4WD.
I keep it stored in my garage so it is not in the weather. I do wash it once in a while but I have never had a problem after washing it.
In general I think I take very good care of the buggy and I have never abused it.
...just re-read the thread . . you seem to be doing everything right . . Navitas was acquired by ASI in 2009 . . . expensive controller . . I would contact the company direct and voice you issues/concerns . . .

http://www.accelerated-systems.com/?q=node/4

. . . note the small print at bottom of page . . contact info . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
Rockin' G Ranch
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
...just re-read the thread . . you seem to be doing everything right . . Navitas was acquired by ASI in 2009 . . . expensive controller . . I would contact the company direct and voice you issues/concerns . . .

http://www.accelerated-systems.com/?q=node/4

. . . not the small print at bottom of page . . contact info . .
I will call them first thing Monday morning. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car