lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Re: steering wheel play

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberg31 View Post
If I get 2" spacers, will I have to get longer studs? Is that the norm or do most just leave the front stick out further?
No you do not need longer studs for the spacers, they will bolt right up. I didn't like the look of the front sticking out farther than the rear so I added the spacers. It was more for asthetic purposes than anything else but I would think it would add just a little more stability as well.
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
rberg31
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Agreed, a wider footprint is def more stable. But my question is, is it the norm for front ends to be wider than the rear after installing a lift kit? When you go to the buggie shops amd they have the units for sale already jacked up and what not, they dont have the front ends sticking out wider. So did they add spacers or did they use a different offset wheel in order to keep everything uniform? Im just trying to figure out if I did something wrong while installing my lift.
rberg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Either of the above options. With a normal spindle lift it kicks out the front wheels. then you use a offset rear or add a spacer to the rear to even it out. A smart man would use offset rims so the rears look like a deep dish, but a good spacer is ok to.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO