lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Default Re: Medium duty springs for Club Car

Thanks Steve, that's what i'm going to do, buy those and break 'em down if needed. As you can see she's sitting a little low in the rear with just a couple of passengers .
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

man i just love your passengers.......look just like my father and son, jacob and joey..............jake is a yellow lab (my best buddy in the world ) but he passed april 21st at 16 and joey is his son chocolate he is 8 and sleeping at my foot as i type but god i miss jacob every day and as of yet it hasn,t gotten much easier....i had a gold and diamond urn made that i have a bit of his hair and ashes in that i wear on a pewter necklace, my boy is always with me............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Hey man I'm with you 100% on your connection with your Labs and I am really sorry for your loss. I don't know how I could handle losing mine. Right now you are looking at Belle age 7 the yellow who is the mom of Gus age 5 the chocolate.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #14
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
Hey man I'm with you 100% on your connection with your Labs and I am really sorry for your loss. I don't know how I could handle losing mine. Right now you are looking at Belle age 7 the yellow who is the mom of Gus age 5 the chocolate.
Nice lookin Labs! Are these hunting dogs by any chance? My last was a Chocolate Male. Big, and a bird retreiving MACHINE. Was such a good buddy too, loved everyone and was so gentle with kids.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
KarrathaSteve
Not Yet Wild

Reminds me of my Dads black lab when I was a kid/teenager (40 yrs ago). Strangely enough, he was called Blackie. Best duck retriever in our little part of the world by far (For Dad only). When I used to take him out with me, minus Dad, all he did was sleep at my feet and fart while I was blasting away with my Browning 5 shot semi auto shotgun. He'd wake up when it was time to go home and guard the ducks I shot in the back of the ute (pickup in US?). Then sit by Dad when we got home and act worn out as if he had swum 40 miles retrieving my ducks. Great dogs the Labs.
KarrathaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

No, what you see here are just the best companions I think I could have, very smart, great with kids. And it is so obvious the best part of their day is when they are with us and we take them every where we can. It is also apparent we are not alone.

http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4293
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Angry Re: Medium duty springs for Club Car

UPDATE June 2012

BEWARE, the "Medium Duty Springs" sold by a certain site sponsor DO NOT fit the CLUB CAR PRECEDENT!

I ordered a pair and when I went to install them the center bolt that fits into the axle bracket was in the wrong place! These do not fit the Precedent. However, the listing on the site where I bought them did not say that, it said that they fit "Club Car" "from 1981 to present". That website has now changed their listing since I bought mine to say that they are only for the DS, but it didn't say that when I bought mine.

Anyway, I drilled a new center bolt hole because that was easier than the hassle of returning them. They are definitely a harsher ride than the stock shocks. I haven't ridden on a cart with the heavy duty springs, so I can't compare them to those. I had installed the rear seat which is why I got the springs.
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #18
Grego1962
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Medium duty springs for Club Car

Just wanted to provide an update as to the "medium duty spring". FYI - I am just a noobie who tinkers with my own carts (yes for some reason I now own two ....Got the bug)

My wife's boss asked if I could put a rear seat on their 2007 non-lifted Club Precedent. I told them I would but I didn't feel that the rear spring currently on the cart would work for them. The spring seemed a little weak and they (especially the kids ) were a little on the heavy side. I told them we should get HD springs but from everything I have heard they probably will not like the ride as much as they did. Because like everyone else I had been wondering about these medium duty springs, I decided to gamble and see if they worked. I figured worse case I end up eating a little over a hundred bucks but I will know whether or not they work.

Honestly, they went on without a problem and fit perfectly without any modification. Eliminated the tire rub that did occur with adults on the rear seat and did not make for a stiff ride. For what it is worth, I will buy them again if I add a rear seat to a non-lifted cart. Make sure you order the springs that are for the Precedent and NOT the DS.. Expensive? Yes - but in my case I think it is worth it.
Grego1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
atomic1
Not Yet Wild

I just put these springs on my on my 04 precedent and they are great. I removed the bottom spring so they are actually medium duty. I got an extra inch of lift and they completely eliminated my tire rub problem (23-inch tires). Plus I think the cart rides just a smooth as before.
atomic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #20
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic1 View Post
I just put these springs on my on my 04 precedent and they are great. I removed the bottom spring so they are actually medium duty. I got an extra inch of lift and they completely eliminated my tire rub problem (23-inch tires). Plus I think the cart rides just a smooth as before.
I did mine too with a set equal to these, also removed the bottom spring and am totally satisfied. The extra lift in the rear really helped, my head lights are not coon hunting anymore and the carts side view profile looks better with a little height in the rear.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car