lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart trouble

Are you running any lights or music on the cart when on the course?

The battery voltage does look good and I agree with the mentioned voltage after use at 18 and then 36 holes ....or when it stops running.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

i got up sunday went to course couldnt play but drove my cart for 36 holes riding in the grass when i could very wet rain 3 inches on the 36 hole battery meter was blinking im geussing letting me know its low got to shed checked batteries overall 36.20 each one 6.069 6.079 6.114 6.114 6.122 6.122 let it charge and at 9;30 last nite and 8 hrs later still charging azpete so i dint get to check on a full charge a hour after on the last hole about 3 to 4 times if you stop then give it gas it would start to go then just be dead let off the gas press again it would go
randyjbraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #13
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

i have lights but dont use them no radio it use to go all day played 54 holes christmas week and after that it wont make 36 or barley make 36
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The batteries sound like they are in need of being cycled thru the "new battery" procedure which I think you are doing. It also sounds like there may be an issue with the pedal action.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

a year and a half ago i put new batteries it ran all day up ti l this pass christmas it made 54 holes and after that it wouldnt make 36 took it to a golf cart place they said my batteries had 70 percent life i took good care of distilled water clean cables the works they say maybe i add to much water so i bought new batteries and same thing can i ask you this batteries with 70 percent life should go all day right dont know what to do
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It is exceedingly difficult for an old curmudgeon like me to decipher run-on sentences totally devoid of punctuation and capitalization, but from what I can deduce, you've killed one set of batteries and have gotten a good start on the demise of a second set.

Never discharge cart batteries below 50%.

How far is 54 holes? 20 Miles? 24 Miles? 28 Miles?

What were the previous batteries? Trojan T-145 or other high capacity?
What are new batteries? Trojan T-605 or lower capacity?

Was Christmas time the first time you ran it for 54 holes without recharging?
Did anything else change over the Holidays?

------------
If the old batteries were at 70% storage capacity and were replaced with same ampacity batteries, not much difference would be noticed in run-time because new batteries only have about 75% of the maximum storage capacity until they are broken in properly, which means a series (about 20 or so) of shallow discharges (down to about 80% Soc) and full recharges.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

sorry about my wording. i only went below 50 percent because you told my to check the batteries after 36 holes. at the course i play i would say 54 holes is about 15 to 16 miles.I just had the battery meter put in. It sarted blinking when it got to the last bar. The cart still had some juice. I didnt go any further becuse i knew i wasnt supose to run it all the way down.The batteries are not trogans.I want to say they have 210 amps if im saying it right. In the summer i play all day eveyday. charge cart over nite wake up the next morning and play. the batteries never gave me a problem thanks for your help johnnieb
Old 02-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sorry for the misunderstanding about checking battery voltage after 36 holes.
I should have mention not to discharge them below 50%

210 Amp-Hour batteries are definitely a step down in storage capacity from the stock 225 Amp-hour batteries carts typically come from the factory with (36V systems).
But, but I don't know if that would limit the cart to 36 holes (10 miles?) or less.

Last I heard, the batteries were still on charge after 8 hours. What voltage did they charge to?
It might be possible they aren't being fully charged. (38.2V or about after 6 hrs rest)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #19
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

I didnt get a chance to check it it was still charging late last nite.Im at work now when i get off im going to go check them. It will be about 20 hrs since the charger stop give or take a hour.This is going to be hard to explain.My pedal the longer i ran it the more it done this.Come to a complete stop then give it the gas all the way to the floor.Its like like it starts to go then its dead no juice.Then u let off the pedal and push it down and it goes.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

I checked the batteries last nite. They read overall-38.78 each one was 6.472-6.471-6.460-6.451-6.454-6.470
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO