lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart trouble

Okay, the batteries are receiving a "Full" charge and the individual battery voltages are evenly matched. (0.021V between highest and lowest)
When they were discharged to about 50% (36.20V), the individual battery voltages were still evenly match. (0.053V between highest and lowest)
That leads me to the conclusion that your batteries and battery charger are good, but I have no idea how far a 210 Amp-hour battery pack will propel your cart.
36 holes or less might be all they will do. I simply do not know.

It is possible that something has happened that is causing your cart's drive system to draw more current now than it was before the Holidays, but I don't want to speculate and not knowing which drive system your cart has, I can't even if I was inclined to do so.

Pressing the pedal and the cart moving slightly then stopping, then working when pedal is pushed again, could be a loose or dirty connection, or a microswitch failing, or it might be a controller going bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
randyjbraud
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for helping.This weekend i'm giong to get under my cart find what kind of motor,batteries,everthing,model numbers.Also i'm giong to see if anything is lose or shorting out.Maybe you can help me with this.If i charge it full and unplug charger in 24 hrs how far should the batteries drop.Is that a way to see if i have a short or if something is bringing the batteries down.
randyjbraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjbraud View Post
Thanks again for helping.This weekend i'm giong to get under my cart find what kind of motor,batteries,everthing,model numbers.Also i'm giong to see if anything is lose or shorting out.Maybe you can help me with this.If i charge it full and unplug charger in 24 hrs how far should the batteries drop.Is that a way to see if i have a short or if something is bringing the batteries down.
Here is a website that will help you identify your cart. Scroll down to the pictures to see where the serial number tag should be located.
Enter the serial number at the top of the page and it should give you the year made, body type and drive type.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
Also, attached is a chart that will help you identify which type drive you have.

-----------
Batteries:
If you have an automatic type 36V Golf Cart battery charger, it will charge the batteries until the pack voltage is in the 44V to 46V range before it shuts off, but that voltage is what is called a "Surface Charge" and it depletes quickly, so it isn't very meaningful for determining how much energy is stored in batteries.

Deep cycle type Lead-Acid wet cells self discharge at about 1% per day, so most of the Surface Charge is gone in about 6 hours and all of it is gone in 24 hour. After the Surface Charge is gone, the battery's open circuit voltage will let you calculate approximately how much energy is stored in the battery (State of Charge % - times - Amp-Hour rating of Battery = Amp-Hours stored in battery)

-----------
As for what is bringing the batteries down, other than the are only 210 Amp-Hour, I would check for excessive drag of some kind.

Sitting on the cart, or kneeling in the floor in front of the seat, you should be able top place one hand on the ground and move the cart. IF not, something is not rolling as freely as it ought to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 1 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO