lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
KCC
Gone Wild

Default Battery repair/refurnish/renew

Has anyone every gotten or used this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/REFURBISH-Fi...ht_5220wt_1140

Just came across this and was wondering how well it actually works..Would like to try and get a little more life out of my batteries if I can..
KCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery repair/refurnish/renew

iv'e had some luck with various mixtures!! But if your looking for a miracle..i wouldn't waste my time. If your batts are over 3-5 yrs old and you use them pretty hard.. i'd get new ones. That's just my take on it. I'm sure there are some who have had some good luck with the "witches brew"but when they won't take a good charge anymore the plates are generally going bad. . Your call!
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it does work it wont last long ......
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My batteries were run way to low and the water was low. now they hold a 6.0-6.1 at full charge. For $12 it might be worth a shot for me.

?
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can try Scott's " battery break in procedure " on them. It will help to reactivate some of the material in the plates.
As far as the liquid restorers, I don't have much faith in them!
Here's a link to Scott's site: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Johno7656
Not Yet Wild

What you are probably getting is EDTA which is a chemical that breaks down the sulfate bond onto the plates in the battery and causes the sulfate crystals to settle on the bottom of the battery. This now leaves you with a reduced electrolyte as the sulfate has not gotten re-constituted back into the solution. I “played” with this a little, but what seems to work better is desulfating with an electric pulse. Here is a link to one that I have built (actually I built two of them) and so far, it seems to be working well, just slowly http://leadacidbatterydesulfation.yu...-thread?page=1 . The first (and so far only) candidate that I have worked with was two, 6V golf cart batteries that after charging them for 24 hours, they read around 4 volts each. I then tied them together in series (to make a 12 volt battery), kept them on the desulfator for about a month and they now load test at a decent mid-life battery. I intend to use these in a solar security light setup to get some sense of long term viability. If you are looking at trying to extend your battery’s life, I would suggest this over the EDTA method. John
Johno7656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO