lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Freedom turn signal harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duscarter View Post
Dela, that looks like 6 pin to me. The one I am looking at on Ebay is 8 pin. Have you installed your turn signals yet?

Husker, I have 8-10 screws holding the dash cover on. Don't want to remove it yet because I am taking the buggy to the beach tomorrow. I need to fix the brake light before I do anything else.
Makes since, I did not realize you had a dash cover
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies guys. Messed around with the brakes this morning. Can't figure out why one brake light stays on and the other goes off. It seems like my switch is good. No wonder the PO cut the wires. Made a quick video. Can't figure out how to embed.

http://youtu.be/qB83r4SLrPY
Duscarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys. Messed around with the brakes this morning. Can't figure out why one brake light stays on and the other goes off. It seems like my switch is good. No wonder the PO cut the wires. Made a quick video. Can't figure out how to embed.

http://youtu.be/qB83r4SLrPY
Check the light bulb, if not that then there is short somewhere.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Do both lights go on when you click micro under brake pedal, and then only one goes off - or when they are in running mode?

How are you checking lights when you press down pedal? Another set of eyes or reflection off wall?

With the spring missing on your brake pedal the switch might be springing back without you hearing it or noticing.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Checked the light bulb, looked good. Had someone else looking when I pressed the peddle, no matter what I do the one light stays on. You could see me wiggling the peddle, did nothing for the problem.

Going to replace that spring anyway. Bought two nuts to put on the peddle. The dealer didn't have the spring. I will order it online.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

For now if you want to give it a shot - the springs under the score card holder on steering wheel will work.

I'm still confused as to what exactly is happening. I just went through the same problem a few days ago.

Do you have running lights that are always on both right and left?

When you press the brake pedal do lights get brighter? They should at least double in intensity.

When you say one stays on, are you referring to staying bright (brake light bright) or staying lit (running light bright)
Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
For now if you want to give it a shot - the springs under the score card holder on steering wheel will work. Thanks I will try that.

I'm still confused as to what exactly is happening. I just went through the same problem a few days ago.

Do you have running lights that are always on both right and left? Yes

When you press the brake pedal do lights get brighter? They should at least double in intensity. The passenger side never dims (unless brake wires are cut at the peddle) The drivers side function normally.

When you say one stays on, are you referring to staying bright (brake light bright) or staying lit (running light bright) Brake light
Sorry, I had a few cocktails before the last post.

Brakes lights are fixed! I could tell the peddle micro was working, so was thinking the same as Husker- a short. Decided to pull and clean all connections. Went ahead and did the working side too for good measure. Noticed they were not connected the same way. Connected it the correct way and I now have running light as well as brake lights.

Now on to the turn signals....
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sorry, I had a few cocktails before the last post.

Brakes lights are fixed! I could tell the peddle micro was working, so was thinking the same as Husker- a short. Decided to pull and clean all connections. Went ahead and did the working side too for good measure. Noticed they were not connected the same way. Connected it the correct way and I now have running light as well as brake lights.

Glad to hear you got it working
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Connected it the correct way and I now have running light as well as brake lights.

No better feeling then "I did it"

Keep us posted on the turn signals, I'm going down that road soon. Would rather read about the problems then experience them
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Duscarter
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Glad to hear you got it working
I noticed in your thread you have the same dash cover. I have the side rails too, so you can see why I don't want to pull it until necessary. That thing does not go on easily.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO