lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the Voltage of My Lights?

Are those 36V bulbs any brighter than the 12V models? Are they available from a local store type? What do you use for a switch....any relays in the system?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Probably not available locally, I got my bulbs on E-Bay. They are 55 W. each (same as the one's I replaced) so brightness is the same. They draw just a bit over 3 amps total, and I used an automotive SPST pull (on), push (off) switch. On E-Bay they were $3.95 each and $5 to ship both. I think you could buy more than two for the same $5 total shipping charge. Hope this helps - RAY

E-Bay link = http://www.ebay.com/itm/H3-Fog-Auxil...item5191f1b270
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Probably not available locally, I got my bulbs on E-Bay. They are 55 W. each (same as the one's I replaced) so brightness is the same. They draw just a bit over 3 amps total, and I used an automotive SPST pull (on), push (off) switch. On E-Bay they were $3.95 each and $5 to ship both. I think you could buy more than two for the same $5 total shipping charge. Hope this helps - RAY

E-Bay link = http://www.ebay.com/itm/H3-Fog-Auxil...item5191f1b270
I followed this suggestion from bigstik40 since I really wasn't in a position to spend much and was not going to hook anything else up and it works like a charm. So for a total of about 35 bucks I got lights, 36v bulbs and the rocker switch came with the light kit. Through the knowledge and patience of Ray, I hooked up my first light kit! Not a big deal for most of you guys but I was pretty proud of myself!

Teresa
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Both my carts have lights but the 36V setup sounds good. One is a 3 position key switch and the other is a push/pull. No extra pull on individual batteries. May have to look into them. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm not a fan of tapping the battery pack for "anything". If you expect to have other accessories, besides lights, a voltage converter probably makes the most sense. One thing to keep in mind with lights is don't even think about turning the lights on while charging the batteries. I read a post here where someone tried that and promptly "smoked" their bulbs. This may be less of an issue with 12 volt lights but I'm sure those 36 volters wouldn't be happy at 44 + volts . Good luck - RAY
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm......never thought of turning the lights on while charging.....until now.......still...why would you..... I do nothing to the cart when the charger is plugged in because of the voltage that is there....
Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: What's the Voltage of My Lights?

Sounds like you don't have any kids
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Was just an observation !!! Someone did it with bad results. Don't do it. - RAY
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Meash: I don't know of any electrical reason to use the two driver side batteries, as opposed to any other combo. But there are reasons. It does help keep the battery area neat with no wires coming up out of the middle of the pack. The two batteries on the D side are easy to immediately ID. There is little chance of getting the wires crossed with any of the others around the controller/F&R switch. As stated, they place the wires in a good location for future alterations. And, for me, it's the way I've seen others do their carts. Just seems the logical point. However, even EZGO simply says to use a 12 volt combo to power the lights.
All that said, I should have suggested you use that side rather than insist.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

I realized the "ideal" way of installing lights would have been to go with the converter set up, which I would have certainly bought from scottyb considering the time he spends in helping everyone with their issues. But....given the fact I was looking at a 1500.00 vet bill, and really really wanted lights on my cart, the 36v bulb system worked for me and should I ever decide to add more 12v options I would purchase the converter. The set up that Ray helped me with allowed me to have something I really wanted and at 30-35 bucks it would not be a big loss should I change to the converter set up. I got exactly what I wanted and needed. Heck, I was as happy as a 5yr old leaving the dime store with a big ol' 10 cent lollipop! (many years ago!)
All you guys are GREAT! and Life is Good!

Teresa
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO