lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Test the MCOR reading at the Controller

Good morning all. I want to test the MCOR reading at the controller on my 2003 CC DS Series Cart. I can remember that it could be done by attaching my Fluke MMeter to the green and yellow wires. The reading should be 5K to 0k when the pedal is depressed. What I don't remember is if the cart key has to be on, motor A2 disconnected and the F-R lever in F. I am thinking that with the yellow and green wires disconnected that the cart won't move, better safe than sorry.

Please advise.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Test the MCOR reading at the Controller

I know when you test it at the mcor key is off. As a matter of fact it can be completely off of the cart an you can ohm it out. Just went through all this testing.
jacksrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Ok. Was thinking that testing at the controller also could identify other wiring problems etc...

Anyway my Ohm readings are 9.65K - 1168 (pedal up - pedal down). The readings were suppose to be 5K - 0K I believe. I have a Fluke Digital Ohm meter which I tested a couple of resistors on it was very accurate. Also there is 25-30% of pedal before any response which is in line with readings.

Do I have a problem? I did check MCOR to make sure it had full travel. I did have to put a small piece of thin tubing around front peg to take any slope out.

M
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
jacksrg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine has a bad microswitch so a little different issue. If I remember correctly the resistance side of it was not exactly on the money as far as the readings go but it still worked perfectly (acceleration was smooth). Like I said my testing was done on the bench or by piercing the wires right at the unit. Mine was not as far off as yours are though. But I am not sure if testing it at the controller can change your results. I think I would do it right at the mcor for the starting point and work from there. I still have it if you want me to test it on the bench when I get home. At least it would allow you to compare your readings to an older working one.
jacksrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Ok great. What procedure did you use to bench test? Thx.

M
Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

MCOR readings should be 1100 ohms at the floor and around 6800-7000 at zero throttle. If you're seeing more at zero throttle I wouldn't be too concerned. As long as you have 1100 at the floor you're going full throttle.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I have 1168 at the floor. Do I need to replace?

My concern here is that I wanted to buy a 700 AMP FSIP (GE) Controller and Scotty said it will not work with that throttle range. He said it had to be 5K-0.

Thanks,

M
Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
I have 1168 at the floor. Do I need to replace?

My concern here is that I wanted to buy a 700 AMP FSIP (GE) Controller and Scotty said it will not work with that throttle range. He said it had to be 5K-0.

Thanks,

M
If you replace it with another MCOR you're gonna be dealing with the same issue. A new MCOR has the same throttle range as the one you've got now. I'd ask Scotty what to do. If he says his controller won't work I'd take his advice. He knows what he's talking about.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Thanks David. You and Scotty are very helpful to us newbies.

M
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The problem as I understand it is this. The CC MCOR has changed the operating range away from the original 5k-0, Curtis may be okay with this but old style AXE and GE controls are not.

Alltrax SPM controls have auto range and user adjustable throttle map. But it is not a simple set up and may require a little adjustment by the end user once installed.

For more information on whats involved visit alltraxinc.com or call their tech hotline.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car