lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Repair after accident !! Need advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Did you suggest something yellow? Never thought I'd see the day!
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am not a sparky but I think the guys are wrong? I would replace the electrolyte that was lost to spillage with new electrolyte. It is true that normally all you add is water how ever in a spil i think you need acid???????????????
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
I am not a sparky but I think the guys are wrong? I would replace the electrolyte that was lost to spillage with new electrolyte. It is true that normally all you add is water how ever in a spil i think you need acid???????????????
if batteries were empty i'd agree .. adding water to 1/2 full batteries is ok .. the charging cycles will make the acid ... it's why we only add distilled water and not acid as we refill them.. and we use distilled water only because of the purity of it
Old 05-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When you charge a battery it boils off only the water, in a spill you lose acid and water. the electrolyte in a dry charge kit is a mixture of acid and water in the right proportions.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
crash test dummy

not a expert so i will say
Old 05-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I doubt much fluid was really lost. How long did the cart sit on its side? I would open all cells to be sure none of the fluids are below the plates. If not, install caps, or re install fill system, charge batts, then top off system as normal with distilled water. Every battery manufacturer has their own blend of electrolyte, and i doubt you would be able to find the exact formula anyway. Unless the batteries sat on their sides draining for a long time, and are really low, i would just use distilled water as usual.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #17
300zxmuro
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: Repair after accident !! Need advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I doubt much fluid was really lost. How long did the cart sit on its side? I would open all cells to be sure none of the fluids are below the plates. If not, install caps, or re install fill system, charge batts, then top off system as normal with distilled water. Every battery manufacturer has their own blend of electrolyte, and i doubt you would be able to find the exact formula anyway. Unless the batteries sat on their sides draining for a long time, and are really low, i would just use distilled water as usual.
Ok i opened all caps and found that all of them but 2 were full. The 2 ones were fully emptied. I added acid to both full. I hope that was OK.....I have not charge it yet since the cart still running strong....

In the other hand I notice the front wheels at low speed are stright but going faster you see a bit wobbling I think something may got messed up there too. Not sure what needs to be done to correct that.
300zxmuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Post #1 pic. 3 the front wheels look bad out of alignment. That would make it drive funny.

When I was a younger person we made our own electrolyte by mixing acid with distiller water. Depending on the mixture you wanted. We used a chart. I would feel good about adding premix to a battery that had a spill to just over the plates. Then charge before use.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #19
tratt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Glad to hear shes ok. Almost exact same thing happened to my cart this weekend only it was my daughter driving. First off, if you try to straighten the uprights, remove the mirror. I broke mine adding to the frustration. The front uprights were easy to straighten but the rear required me to disassemble the seat a little. on mine, the actual part bent was the bar that the seat backs bolt to. I removed that bar, clamped it in a vice and used an old pipe to bend back to shape.When I bolted that back the rest fell back into place. My neighbors righted the cart in just a few minutes so I didn't lose any battery acid. My front end is out of alignment like yours but I haven't determined the cause. It looks as though its just toed out a bit and I could just adjust tie rod but I suspect something else has moved. Ill probably take it apart this week and figure it out. I'll post what I find later.
tratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If your front end is out of wack after a crash, something is bent. Find what is bent and get it straightened and then do a wheel alignment. Toe out is dangerous and unstable.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car