lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
mac
Not Yet Wild

Default Forward Neutral Reverse Switch

It seems that my switch lever is not shifting easily, is there some where I need to lubricate it?
Mac
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Forward Neutral Reverse Switch

Go about 5 mph in reverse, put it in neutral, allow the engine to stop, and slam it in forwards. I have no idea what that does but it works every time. It may resync everything.

Just FYI, Club Car shifters and transaxles actually have a F slot, N slot, and R slot. So you will feel resistance between them. Just like the shifter in a car.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
Go about 5 mph in reverse, put it in neutral, allow the engine to stop, and slam it in forwards. I have no idea what that does but it works every time. It may resync everything.

Just FYI, Club Car shifters and transaxles actually have a F slot, N slot, and R slot. So you will feel resistance between them. Just like the shifter in a car.
Does that really work???

there are times where my shifter REALLY takes some "elbow grease" to get her to move from reverse to forward...and vice versa...
(I always though it was too much drinkin'!!!) OR...

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Yes, it really works. And unlike the competitions' rear ends, you won't have a clunk or grind or bang, it will just go in there. Keep in mind, it will go in somewhat hard when you're moving, but when you stop and do like you normally do, it will be easy again.

I rarely stop to change gears in my Club Car.

Just for kicks, check your rear end and make sure it's full (up to the second hole). If you have a Type G transaxle, the cover bolts will facing the passenger side of the cart. If you have a Type K, the bolts will be facing the driver side.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #5
mac
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Forward Neutral Reverse Switch

I'll give that a try and I need to change the rear fluid anyway....I think it is 38 oz. I have a container that I fill my boat's lower unit and it should work for filling the cart's unit..
Mac
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
OzCop
Not Yet Wild

I had an EZ Go assigned to me for my Paddock assignment during the SCCA Solo Nationals at Heartland Park Topeka for the past couple of weeks and I noticed it shifted much smoother than my Precedent... I hauled the Precedent out to Topeka so my wife would have a cart for herself and the two Schnauzers. Comparing the two by jumping from one to the other, I'll take the CC every time in spite of the knotchy shifting...
OzCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

They are "notchy" because the transmission has actual "slots" for forward, neutral, and reverse; just like your car transmission. An E-Z-GO or Yamaha differential has no real neutral, it's only the place between the two gears and the shifter CAN fall into gear while revving it in neutral. A Club Car is not going to fall into gear, ever. And you can't try neutral drops with them either. Club Car differentials are not only bullet proof, but dummy proof too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car