lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Ozarker
Not Yet Wild

Default Damage from towing with toggle in Run position

Long-time lurker, first time poster. Lot's of great info here but I haven't found an answer to my question (maybe because folks are too embarrassed to admit it happened to them!)

I have an EZGO RXV which I provide for guests at my vacation rental cabin to use on a couple of miles of trails on the property. We try to post clear instructions about proper use of the cart (like DO NOT TOW/PUSH) but sometimes it just doesn't sink in.

I just had an incident where a guest thought the batteries were dead (actually the key wasn't turned on) and pushed the cart about 20 yards to the garage and plugged in the charger. They did NOT know about the run/tow switch and just put the key in Neutral and pushed. Now the cart moves with a jerky motion, in forward and reverse, kind of like a broken tooth on a gear. What happened? Do I have a trashed motor, controller, rear end? I've loaded it to take to the shop but would like some idea what to expect. Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.
Ozarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Damage from towing with toggle in Run position

People have done this before. I beleive we had one in the last 3 weeks or so. I think the brake was burned out maybe on one?? Other trashed motor....I can't remember my memory is not great?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

20 yards should not have trashed anything. The controller tries to stop the cart when they are pushing it so it's fighting the motion. Over a reasonable distance, this will trash the motor but not if you hand push it 20 yards.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Sorry volt ---- not applicable to RXV

Parking brake is trashed.
Replace and cart will be fine.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My bad. I am not that familiar with the RXV brake. I guess it's a mechanical brake.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO