lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Xct 48500 slow on top end

Can someone point me in the right direction on programming this xct48500? I've got new batteries (36v) new cables and D&D motor(older). Cart takes off like gangbusters but levels off at about 8 to 10 mph. Probably something I've got programmed wrong just don't know what.
Rdkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Xct 48500 slow on top end

Is it a DCS or a PDS cart?
How tall are the tires? (18" is stock height)
What's the motor's model number?
What Field map is loaded in controller?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

D&D 170-502-0001, 22” tires and shows 502 V7 on field map. It’s 2003 pds cart
Old 03-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Motor is older (2002)
Old 03-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The D&D 170-502-0001 has about 40% more torque than a stock PDS motor and about 12% less speed.

The 22" tall tires ups the speed by about 22% while decreasing the torque by about 18%, however if tires are the low pressure type (max inflation pressure <10PSI), the tops speed will be less.

Contact Alltrax, they might have a better field map for that motor.

Here's some interesting reading about that motor and that field map: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...02-0001-a.html
Old 03-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok johnnieB, sounds like I need a new field map. I ordered controller kit from ScottyB and he programmed before he sent it to me but unfortunately the controller had a issue and sent it back to alltrax. They sent me a new controller with only the 502 v7 field map. The motor I have is a older d&d that is not even drilled for speed sensor and d&d told me to not worry about it just don't enable speed limit. My question is should I put pds motor back on and try it that way?Cart will be left at beach and used on road and on beach also.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also have the FN switch from ScottyB too.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkoerner View Post
Ok johnnieB, sounds like I need a new field map. I ordered controller kit from ScottyB and he programmed before he sent it to me but unfortunately the controller had a issue and sent it back to alltrax. They sent me a new controller with only the 502 v7 field map. The motor I have is a older d&d that is not even drilled for speed sensor and d&d told me to not worry about it just don't enable speed limit. My question is should I put pds motor back on and try it that way?Cart will be left at beach and used on road and on beach also.
No speed sensor is a very significant bit of information!

The XCT48500-PDS needs a speed sensor for the motor it is feeding to reach the max RPM obtainable at the voltage applied. That is the reason your cart is so slow, or at least one of the reasons.

If you put the stock PDS motor back on and attach the speed sensor and load the correct field map for the stock motor, your cart will probably do 20 MPH or more.

You also need to turn the max amps down to 400A or burn up the stock PDS motor.

The D&D motor you have would work well with in a DCS cart, since the XCT48xxx-DCS is designed to provide optimal performance without a speed sensor.

Also, replacing the D&D motor's end cap with one that has a speed sensor would improve your cart's performance.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I'm gonna put stock motor back on it, sounds a lot easier. Can I install correct field map for stock motor and where and how do I do that. I know how to turn down max amps just not how to install field map. Also will that stock motor hold up riding in sand on beach ( can I set something in user to help it?)
Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkoerner View Post
I think I'm gonna put stock motor back on it, sounds a lot easier. Can I install correct field map for stock motor and where and how do I do that. I know how to turn down max amps just not how to install field map. Also will that stock motor hold up riding in sand on beach ( can I set something in user to help it?)
Instructions to load a different field map on Pg-9 of attached manual.

Alltrax will e-mail you the field map.

Tall tires in sand will put a heavy load on the stock motor, so it might not last very long.

Rapid starts and traveling at high speed are both killers for sepex type motors.
Select Turf rather than Street.
Limit RPM to about 5000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc113-002-D_XCT-SRX-Toolkit-Manual - apr-2016.pdf (1.19 MB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO