lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #41
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 gas EZ GO marathon 2pg

You shouldn't have to remove the engine to replace the belt, I just did a front diff seal on mine and had to remove/replace the belt........

To remove;
Work it up into and over the edge of the driven clutch as best you can, then if you have to roll the buggy and it'll pop off. Then take it off of the drive clutch......

To install;
Slip it over the drive clutch first then get it started best you can on the driven clutch. Then again push the buggy until it pops on.......

The farther you can work it into the driven clutch (spreading the sheaves) the easier it is, IF you get it into it far enough it'll slip on/off without pushing the buggy
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #42
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
You shouldn't have to remove the engine to replace the belt, I just did a front diff seal on mine and had to remove/replace the belt........

To remove;
Work it up into and over the edge of the driven clutch as best you can, then if you have to roll the buggy and it'll pop off. Then take it off of the drive clutch......

To install;
Slip it over the drive clutch first then get it started best you can on the driven clutch. Then again push the buggy until it pops on.......

The farther you can work it into the driven clutch (spreading the sheaves) the easier it is, IF you get it into it far enough it'll slip on/off without pushing the buggy

That’s what I was trying from someone’s earlier instructions but still couldn’t get it. It was also 90+ degrees and humid as hell and I didn’t want to mess with it any longer so I gave up as it was my first time trying that method lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #43
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post

To remove;

To install;

See the wear on this clutch? It’s definitely showing more now than when I bought it? Wondering if I just bite the bullet and order the clutch?

Old 07-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #44
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's kinda hard to tell in that pic, but if that ring that's about 1/2 inch down into the sheave is pitted as deep as I think it looks, that clutch is about to come apart in a bad way!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #45
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
It's kinda hard to tell in that pic, but if that ring that's about 1/2 inch down into the sheave is pitted as deep as I think it looks, that clutch is about to come apart in a bad way!

Yep that’s the area I’ve been concerned about. That’s what the mechanic at the EZ GO dealer pointed out but it wasn’t a ring like that when he showed me..just a few small dot like indents all the way around it in a circle and now it’s a solid white ring like this like it was scratching hard.

Does this just mean my clutch is bad or is there another problem that would cause this to happen?

Old 07-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #46
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks like the clutch is just worn and should be replaced.

I wouldnt drive it much until you get a new one. If that thing comes apart at 5000rpm it's not gonna be pretty, and that plywood seat cushion probably isnt going to bea very effective barrier between you and shrapnel.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #47
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Looks like the clutch is just worn and should be replaced.

I wouldnt drive it much until you get a new one. If that thing comes apart at 5000rpm it's not gonna be pretty, and that plywood seat cushion probably isnt going to bea very effective barrier between you and shrapnel.

Thank you for that, good to know. I probably won’t drive it at all until I replace it. I’ve got two young boys that are usually riding with me and that’s the last thing I want to happen!

I’ll update the thread once I change it with belt/hill performance.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #48
JonnyPhenomenon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've spent the better part of the day trying to track down a copy of this manual. It wasnt included in the "sticky", but it should be. It was posted by someone else on here a while back.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ers-manual.pdf
JonnyPhenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #49
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyPhenomenon View Post
I've spent the better part of the day trying to track down a copy of this manual. It wasnt included in the "sticky", but it should be. It was posted by someone else on here a while back.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ers-manual.pdf

Thank you. I’ve had the manual, sorry I didn’t post it. Just had some basic clutch questions.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO