lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
myhotdelta88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Robin Carb Swap on EZ-GO 295-350

Will a Robin 350 carburetor work on the Robin 295? I think I can bolt up one of my scooter exhausts to the Robin, the bolt pattern and flange size look about the same. I would just have to have more fuel and air coming in. So maybe a bigger jet or will the carbs swap out? It would be cool if I could get more speed or power just by a bigger carb and exhaust.
myhotdelta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Robin Carb Swap on EZ-GO 295-350

The carbs are the same. The only difference is the main jet on the 295 is a bit smaller than the 350.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #3
myhotdelta88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So as with scooters that I tune, a bigger jet and a bigger exhaust should get a little more power and speed.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Maybe a bit, but these little engines arent the same as the scooter or predator go kart motors. They can be quite finicky with the air/fuel mixture and if it isnt perfect, it wont run well at all. They're engineered much more precisely than your typical generic small engine.

What exactly are you looking to gain? Any gains from exhaust, intake, carb jetting on these motors will be minimal at best. If you're looking for more torque or power, you'll get significantly better results with clutching upgrades.

And speed is governed by the transmission not the motor. You can have a 30hp motor or a 9hp motor. It's still only.going to go as fast as the governor in the trans will allow. It will just get there a lot quicker with 30hp...
Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
myhotdelta88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am looking to just get more speed. After I tightened the spring on the governor I got it from 11mph to 17mph. I know gearing the rear end will help, but what and where is the transmission governor? Is it the spring loaded arm on the top of the motor that I already tightened? Is there a different clutch I can put on it? I previously had an electric cart, so the gas powered is new to me. And since I work on scooters on the side, increasing the motor gets more speed to a point as well, so I understand that theory. But I also don't want to blow the motor as I read in other threads from over revving. I am still trying to build some knowledge on this new animal I have!
Old 07-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

understood.

You have to understand that this is nothing like a scooter or a go kart. On those, the motor/speed is governed by the governor on the motor itself. This motor has no governor unless you count the valve springs failing and the motor coming apart

more HP in the motor will get you to your top speed faster. but won't really do anything for the cart's overall top speed, as that is all controlled by the governor in the rear end. IF you tighten the spring on the governor that's about all you're going to get. If you want more, then lift kit and bigger tires will change the OVERALL gear ratio of the cart and you will gain top speed (but lose a little torque down low, depending on how big/heavy of tires you choose). With a decent running 295 and 22-23" tires you're probably looking at around 22-23ish mph.

The other way to gain speed is a speed gear for the rear end, again you gain top end but lose some torque down low.

Personally, I don't think anything above low 20's is really necessary in a golf cart. They weren't designed to go that fast, so the steering, suspension, and BRAKES don't work especially well at higher speeds. My cart "can" do around 22mph without touching the governor, but I rarely ever go that fast. I like to be able to "creep" along at 12-13mph and the motor is basically just idling along happy and quiet.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
myhotdelta88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Points well taken. So maybe I will eventually go with some bigger tires. Leave it the way it is and just make it look like it's going fast. Thanks for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO