lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
Groundgrubs
Not Yet Wild

Default Got My New Icon I40L

I got my new Icon about 3 weeks ago. I sold my older 2003 EZGO lifted, painted, customized for an incredible amount of "used" money.

Went looking at re-furbished, off lease, and even a RXV with a new body and Naviatas controllers.

I fell in love with the Icon and all the features it has. Not to mention, there are none on the course or in the neighborhood :)

Rides great, gets up to speed in a reasonable distance and I fly by everybody I am playing with.

I have one hiccup, that has not seemed to effect drivability. After charging, my "% of charge" does not always go to 100%. Even after being plugged in for a day or two.

Has anyone had the issue? I've tried contacting Icon and although I got a rep to call me back, he has not called back with an answer yet.

I love the cart and get compliments all the time. Let's go Icon!!!
Groundgrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #2
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Default Re: Got My New Icon I40L

It's a known issue with the cluster and you can get a replacement from either the dealer or ICON.

The fix is to let the batteries charge for a couple minutes, put the key in the ignition and switch to on. look at the cluster, see if it resets to 100% (obviously not done charging at that time, batteries will continue to charge but the cluster will read properly), if not, rinse and repeat. For my daily, light use, whole process is done inside a minute. For the longer trips I have to wait 5-10 minutes or remember to check in an hour or so.

The issue had to do with some algorithm in the cluster that checks for voltage and it was not done correctly for certain battery types so threw the whole reading out the door.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
Groundgrubs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Got My New Icon I40L

UPDATE : Got ahold of my dealer and they sent me a new dash. There is some discussion about 1st generation/2nd generation stuff in other forums.
Seems like there may be a software update too.

I'll change in some time...

Great Service from Saylor's in Bowling Green, KY!
Groundgrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon