lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #11
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Drive vs. Drive 2

Sprig - mine is a DC cart. I posted some of my stereo pictures in another thread (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=182152). I'm finally getting around to completing my sub install this week so I'll update some pictures on that thread whenever I'm finished.

Doug - why add a stereo, the simple answer is because I felt like it. I wanted to do something different that sounds better than a portable and is totally concealed. I've had several portable Bluetooth speakers...none of them are great and someone could walk by and swipe a portable speaker if my kids or I don't carry it when we go into a store. My current setup is totally concealed, literally nothing more than a switch showing on my dash. My amp has Bluetooth integrated so it's just as easy to connect as a portable speaker, but nobody is stealing anything and it sounds extremely good, even without the subs installed yet. I also have a dedicated deep cycle marine battery that runs just the stereo so it doesn't effect cart performance or run time. Plug in the cart and plug in the auxiliary battery, super simple.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2022, 11:20 PM   #12
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice install of the stereo. definitely want to see the sub install. I am just running a Bazooka sound bar. i already have to much in it. HAHA. If you are worried about the speakers then install a alarm. Just installed a viper atv alarm with proximity sensor and talking speaker for like 200 bucks. it wont do the viper on/off part but it will say stand back viper alarm on.
sprig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:15 AM   #13
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Only on the QuieTechs
I have a 2021 Drive 2 PTV Powertech AC with Independent Rear Suspension. I believe the Powertech AC have IRS as of like 2017. I'm trying to figure out the best lift to for it, as I just broke a rear suspension arm, and Yamaha says the part wont be available for at least two months. I figure it may be easier to just purchase a lift kit at this point and not wait a few months.
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha