lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2023, 03:02 PM   #1
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha drive 2 advice

Whats up fellas,,,,,

I've never owned an electric yamaha but have had both EZGO and CLUB CAR DS both of which were upgraded motor, controller, solenoid etc.

Thinking of buying a friends 2017 Drive 2 DC yamaha, its got a lift and 22
" tires and rear seat. the factory controller has been reprogrammed by the yamaha dealer and has the stock motor. Whats everyone thought on a cart set up like this? fairly reliable? is the end near due to small controller and all the mods?
its a nice cart, would rather not do an AC conversion.

any advice would be appreciated.
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2023, 04:52 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha drive 2 advice

I'd replace the Yamaha (Moric) controller with the Alltrax XCT 48400, more speed and torque and fully programmable by the owner.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

With larger tires, I would go with an Alltrax and an upgraded motor. I really like those carts but the stock Moric controller is weak and if it has a Hitachi motor, they are not very robust with lift and larger tires. You might want a D&D torque motor to handle the larger tires.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Thanks guys,,,, appreciate the responses...

If i buy this thing I don't want to change anything.. I want to run it as is, so i guess what I'm asking is, is it worth a crap or is it going to eventually fail with the tires and lift?
I'd be using it on flat ground.. Correct me if im wrong but if i were to be using it in a hilly terrain it would probably living on borrowed time..
Old 02-18-2023, 10:02 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It should be good for a while if it has not been abused. It will eventually need brushes but it's hard to predict how many miles it has on it.
Old 03-29-2023, 03:02 PM   #6
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

well i finally got the cart, its a really nice setup so far. lift and tires, light kit rear seat. I've had 6 carts different brands but this one its pretty darn nice, second favorite next to my G2 gasser.

previous owner did all the work, took it to yamaha and had the controller reprogrammed for 19 mph. It was a fleet cart and has original Trojan batteries so i know its got some miles on it.

Do you all think i would benefit with the Altrax controller more so from the reprogrammed Moric? For now I'm using it at my facility, all flat ground and runs around well as it is. But i rarely leave things alone thats so thats where my question comes from.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c.jpg (95.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2023, 03:10 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check to see what motor is in it. Like said the Hitachi motor is known for problems eventually.. I had to replace mine.. I have the xct300 but using stock tires and it ran low 20s until the motor died. Now a little faster with a D&D.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:01 PM   #8
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Check to see what motor is in it. Like said the Hitachi motor is known for problems eventually.. I had to replace mine.. I have the xct300 but using stock tires and it ran low 20s until the motor died. Now a little faster with a D&D.
Yeah, Just checked and its the hitachi motor... so motor and controller on my list. which d&d motor are you running?
Old 03-29-2023, 07:25 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

FYI the Yamaha Drive 2 electric is already an AC drive system. The body should have some sticker with a green leaf and 'AC Powered' on the side or rocker panel area.

They stopped using Morics with the older Drive (2007-15)
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:16 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Is it an AC cart??? If so, I wouldn't worry much about the motor. I have no experience with AC Drives - both of mine are DC.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha