lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2023, 12:02 AM   #1
TAPatrick
Not Yet Wild

Default G8 Starter issues

Evening all!
I am at a loss where to go next. I have a G8 with a less than 6 mos old starter/generator. Had Chinese on it, all I could find. New 750 cca battery, new cables, new solenoid, new start switch. Checked and cleaned grounds. Swapped battery, same result. Jump across solenoid, same result. Starts great cold, after driving a few minutes and stopping, starter drags as if bushings are bad. Jump with my old roller battery charger with boost, starter drags greatly but usually can get it to finally spin. ***Note*** Obvious tone of charger changes when trying to start as if a High amp draw. Even swapped another s/g off my G14, same result (having similar issues with G14). Don't have a clamp on amp gauge, but based on tone change, it is drawing a lot of amps. Heart tells me to chunk POS S/G, and replace with a factory yamaha. Suggestions, or does anyone have a used S/G? Checked wiring diagram, some confusion about ground to A1 and Posi to F2.
TAPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
starter/generator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha