lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2023, 09:56 PM   #1
bsintxus
Not Yet Wild

Default Multi profile motor controller

I have a 36 volt TXT with Nissan Leaf Li battery build. Do any of the aftermarket motor controllers have the ability to real-time switch between pre programmed profiles? I would like to be able to limit the acceleration rate and top end speed while the kid.are.driving. ideally I could connect via Bluetooth and switch to a child profile.

Thank
bsintxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2023, 04:30 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Multi profile motor controller

The Alltrax controller can store up to 3 individual profiles. For Bluetooth functionality, you need a separate module.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:05 AM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
The Alltrax controller can store up to 3 individual profiles. For Bluetooth functionality, you need a separate module.
The alltrax sr model can store 2 profiles with no separate module needed just a simple toggle or key switch to switch between them I dont know about the newer models but I believe the SR model is correct for your series cart anyway (It was the correct model for mine until I discovered the used one I bought was faulty)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:12 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yes, sorry... i've had an XCT Alltrax for a Yamaha ( Sepex ), so that would fit the TXT/PDS only
Old 03-28-2023, 08:15 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Oh yes, sorry... i've had an XCT Alltrax for a Yamaha ( Sepex ), so that would fit the TXT/PDS only
I believe some of the txt are sepex (with tow run switch) and some arent right? I know the 36v txt my father in law has is a series cart. I think his is a 95. my 93 yamaha 36v (now 51v lifepo4) is also a series cart. Talk about speed increase... Mine went from a max of 14mph with 36v fla to 20mph with multiple people and a dog with the 48+v diylifepo4 upgrade alone. I have on of those $175 500amp curtis clones in mine now with good results but the one single feature I did lose is the personality switch for profiles in question here.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:58 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I believe some of the txt are sepex (with tow run switch) and some arent right? I know the 36v txt my father in law has is a series cart. I think his is a 95.
I began 2013 with a '99 36v TXT/DCS cart ( came between series and PDS ), not spectacular but, very reliable and fully street legal
Old 03-28-2023, 10:59 AM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
I began 2013 with a '99 36v TXT/DCS cart ( came between series and PDS ), not spectacular but, very reliable and fully street legal
Not street legal where I live unfortunately... at least not yet.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:21 PM   #8
bsintxus
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all for the reply. My neighbor has a 2008 Yamaha Drive series that he is converting to 48 LiFEPo4. He would also like to consider a multi profile controller, due to kids driving.

I will look into these controllers.
bsintxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:54 PM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsintxus View Post
Thanks all for the reply. My neighbor has a 2008 Yamaha Drive series that he is converting to 48 LiFEPo4. He would also like to consider a multi profile controller, due to kids driving.
I replaced the oem controller on a 2007 Yamaha Drive with the Alltrax XCT 48300. Direct fit and easy to install. More torque, speed (~ 22 mph ) and fully programmable by the owner incl. 3 independent profiles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210705_142817.jpg (127.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-01-2023, 06:40 AM   #10
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

As stated the Alltrax is a great product. Navitas also has an on the fly programmer. A little more than flipping a switch, but very simple to use.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO