lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Spooney
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 ezgo slow take off

I Bought 1994 36 volt ezgo.Having problems climbing any type hill from stop.I have removed and checked all batteries and all are good.If cart starts moving it will fly but from if fully loaded and hit hill it will also slow.Just need to know where to start.Also lights will not dim or seem to loose voltage.
Spooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 ezgo slow take off

Welcome to BGW!

Plug you cart's serial number in here and it will tell you how it left the factory: http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

If it is a '94, the body style is probably a Medalist or a TXT and it probably has a Series wound motor.

You lights are probably 12V units and either fed by just two of the six batteries or be a 36V to 12V voltage converter, so they probably won't show much dimming.

What size tires? Stock is 18x8.50-8.
If the tires are taller than 18" the cart is faster than the stock 12MPH, but has less torque, so it will slow more on hills.

What is the battery voltage?
A fully charged 36V battery pack reads 38.2V about 12 hours after the charger shuts off.
Each battery reads about 6.37V and all of them should be within 0.1V of each other.

Are any of the high current cable and/or connections and/or components hot?
They shouldn't be.

Series motors have a lot of torque from an standstill, so it sounds like something is preventing the motor from drawing the amps it need to move the cart up a hill from a stop.

I'm just guessing, but I suspect you have excessive resistance in the F/R switch and/or high current cable connections.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO